Applying for 190 visa any advice

Loza

Hi this seems a really good sites for help and advice!

myself and my partner are thinking about going over to Western Australia on a 190 visa he is the skilled worker as a mixed crop farmer. We have been advised by an agent that we have enough points and the agent will do this all for us will cost £2500 and that its less hassle if she does it!

Is it better to do this without the agent or with??

also she has told us that this will take a minimum of 12 months to process has anyone got experience as to how long a 190 visa takes to be granted??

any help or advice welcomed

Thanks

Hey there, I would strongly suggest if you can afford to use an agent then definitely do so! I was granted my PR 190 last Nov & was very appreciative of the help I received from the agent I used. The visa bureau are extremely strict with the application information & all supporting evidence/documentation submitted and should anything be incorrect or not the their complete satisfaction, the application is halted until they are suffice. This is generally avoided with the use of an agent as they are very thorough in checking everything prior to submission or posting.

For me, whole process took exactly 9 months, from applying for my skills assessment to receiving notification that the visa had been granted. I would highly recommend Ian Harrop & Associates, they were fantastic in assisting me, they were very approachable & helpful every step of the way. Ian used to work for the dept of immigration in Australia & for Australia House in London,extremely reputable. Their fees were a total of £1,500 (minus VAT) paid in 3equal installments along the application process. Hope this is useful.

Good luck, Mandi

Edited by MandiMR2

Hello MandiMR2,

Could you please tell whether 3 years of work ex is mandatory for a 190 visa?

i only have 2 years of experience and consultants in my country have refused to take the case and most of them have mixed opinions.i am good on the point test, if u have any info on this, it will be an aid,my occupation is in ACT list