Difference between Subclass 189 and 190 ?

ssoffline

Hi,

I am new to this forum, please point me to such a discussion if already there :twitcy:.

I am a software engineer working as a java developer holding B.Tech in computers with 6 years of experience.

Can you please help me know which class I fall into of these two ?

Also some consultant told me that 189 is almost closed now and very difficult to find job under, can people here please guide me.

Many thanks!!

Sameer

:biggrin:

Googling your question and this site came up: http://www.skillselects.com.au/latest-news/skillselect-difference-between-subclass-189-visa-subclass-190-visa/'>http://www.skillselects.com.au/latest-news/skillselect-difference-between-subclass-189-visa-subclass-190-visa/

logo.png

[h=1]SkillSelect: Difference Between Subclass 189 Visa & Subclass 190 Visa[/h]

Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Permanent Visa and Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Permanent Visa are two of the visa categories that are supported under SkillSelect.

SkillSelect is the nearly 3-month old migration program of the Australian Government. In SkillSelect, an intending skilled migrant has to submit via SkillSelect website an Expression of Interest (EOI). Those who have completed and passed the points required under SkillSelect Points Test are eligible to be invited to lodge a visa application.

Subclass 189 Skilled Independent (Permanent) Visa

This is a point-based visa. This means that one has to complete and get the necessary 60 points under SkillSelect Points Test to be eligible to be invited to lodge a visa application under this visa category.

Subclass 189 Visa is meant for intending skilled workers who are not sponsored by a family member, a state or territory or an Australian employer.

The perks included under this visa category are living and working permanently in any parts of Australia, and certain family members of the intending skilled migrant can be included in the visa application.

Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Permanent Visa

This visa category is also point-based, meaning; one has to have 60 points under SkillSelect Points Test to be qualified to be invited to apply for this visa category.

Subclass 190 Visa is meant for intending skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory.

Perks included under visa subclass 190 include permanently living and working in any parts of Australia and certain family members, under this visa category, can be included in the application.

About the Author:

At Skillselect Australia, we will assess your existing skill set before you submit your EOI. If you don’t have sufficient points or need further help, we will conduct an interview to understand your job skills and assist with having your skills assessed or other pathways to meet the requirements.

Skillselect Australia previews your EOI before submitting. Be sure you have the right points, qualifications and skills before you register. This is a for-fee service by Registered Migration Agents. Visit Skillselect (http://www.skillselects.com.au) for further information on the SkillSelect EOI.

[h=1]About SkillSelects[/h]Check your points and eligibility for an EOI. We will send your enquiry to a panel of registered Migration agents, one of whom will follow up with you directly. We are a referral service and are not a Government site or affiliated with http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

[h=1]Latest News[/h]View the SkillSelect Latest News Here

[h=1]Recent Posts[/h]

[h=1]Why risk a mistake in your EOI?[/h]Getting enough points for an EOI is just the start:

Are your documents ready?

Passed your IELTS English test recently?

Have your skills been assessed ?

Hi,

I am new to this forum, please point me to such a discussion if already there :twitcy:.

I am a software engineer working as a java developer holding B.Tech in computers with 6 years of experience.

Can you please help me know which class I fall into of these two ?

Also some consultant told me that 189 is almost closed now and very difficult to find job under, can people here please guide me.

Many thanks!!

Sameer

:biggrin:

The difference between the two visas is that one is state sponsored and the other is not.

You do not "fall" into either, however you should see which list your occupation is on and if it is only on the CSOL and not on the SOL, then you would not be eligible for the 189 visa and would have to consider the 190.

Finding jobs is not going to be any different for a person holding a 189 visa versus somebody with a 190 visa.

• 4 months later...

please clarify as to if we apply under subclass 189 then in that case process will be skill select, then EOI and then after that what is to be done. I know in case case of 190 after EOI, state sponsorship is taken and then we can apply to DIAC.