sport jobs in oz

moko2011

Hi everyone

i am going to be looking into going oz once ive my degree done and a bit of experience, i am doing a joint honours of sport and business was wondering if there was any jobs for sport out there? and were? also my partner does art and is there any jobs out there for that?

thank you

:wink:

Drug dealer?

Sorry could't resist :biggrin:

I can't answer your question but I imagine it would be similar to the UK, too many graduates, too few jobs for people without experience and most will end up doing something unrelated to sport.

I think you probably need to narrow your options a bit to get meaningful answers, when you say a 'job in sport' what do you mean? Coaching? Sports medicine? Psychology? Management? Promotions?

I am sure your degree course is preparing you for any number of jobs.

Are you planning on coming on a WHV? Or establishing yourself in the UK and hoping for a sponsor? I think it may be difficult to get one as any sponsor has to prove they cannot get an Australian for the role and one thing Australia isn't short of is sports people!

A possible option is to teach, qualified teachers are needed in Australia especially for rural communities and even though it is a long hard slog, you can end up with permanent residency as a teacher. Someone young, without dependents and able to make sacrifices to achieve their dreams is probably ideal. Once you have PR you can change jobs if you wish, very few people have a 'job for life' these days - I'm onto at least my 3rd career - I even taught A level PE at one point in the distant past :)

Jobs as artists are as rare as hens teeth anywhere in the world and the same applies to your girlfriend as you. I've got to say where I live it is an incredible artistic community, I have two good friends who are artists, although one mostly runs an art gallery and teaches. There is a fabulous art centre and a number of galleries, but 10km down the road is completely different and I dare say there are parts of the UK just like Fremantle.

Enjoy your journey wherever it takes you.

Drug dealer?

Sorry could't resist :biggrin:

I can't answer your question but I imagine it would be similar to the UK, too many graduates, too few jobs for people without experience and most will end up doing something unrelated to sport.

I think you probably need to narrow your options a bit to get meaningful answers, when you say a 'job in sport' what do you mean? Coaching? Sports medicine? Psychology? Management? Promotions?

I am sure your degree course is preparing you for any number of jobs.

Are you planning on coming on a WHV? Or establishing yourself in the UK and hoping for a sponsor? I think it may be difficult to get one as any sponsor has to prove they cannot get an Australian for the role and one thing Australia isn't short of is sports people!

A possible option is to teach, qualified teachers are needed in Australia especially for rural communities and even though it is a long hard slog, you can end up with permanent residency as a teacher. Someone young, without dependents and able to make sacrifices to achieve their dreams is probably ideal. Once you have PR you can change jobs if you wish, very few people have a 'job for life' these days - I'm onto at least my 3rd career - I even taught A level PE at one point in the distant past :)

Jobs as artists are as rare as hens teeth anywhere in the world and the same applies to your girlfriend as you. I've got to say where I live it is an incredible artistic community, I have two good friends who are artists, although one mostly runs an art gallery and teaches. There is a fabulous art centre and a number of galleries, but 10km down the road is completely different and I dare say there are parts of the UK just like Fremantle.

Enjoy your journey wherever it takes you.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you regarding the need for teachers. There are hundreds of teachers here that are still searching for jobs. The figures are quite disheartening.

That does not mean to say it is impossible of course, but it is far better to be clear and have realistic knowledge and expectations regarding the current surplus of teachers across Australia.

If you do consider teaching, then please research what type of teacher is sought ( in specific subjects) in each state, such as special needs and maths.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you regarding the need for teachers. There are hundreds of teachers here that are still searching for jobs. The figures are quite disheartening.

That does not mean to say it is impossible of course, but it is far better to be clear and have realistic knowledge and expectations regarding the current surplus of teachers across Australia.

If you do consider teaching, then please research what type of teacher is sought ( in specific subjects) in each state, such as special needs and maths.

ok fair enough, it's 4 years since we migrated and teachers were on the skilled migration list then. If the objective is to get PR then the OP will need a skill on that list. I thought the problem was that teachers don't want to live where the jobs are? I did say it wasn't an easy option!

Archived