TRA assessment -question about self employment

nikkiwd

Hi there, we have almost gathered all the evidence needed for my hubby's tra assessment (he is a chef) but as the last 3 years are self employed we need some extra stuff. it states in the list of required documents that we have to send a business registration certificate but we dont have one. our business is a partnership and not limited so we never had to register it. Any ideas what to send instead?

thanks

Hello nikkiwd, I was self employed when I did my TRA also not a ltd company I was self employed sub contractor for over 10 years.

i had to send them evidence to prove this so I sent my last 5 yrs worth of books and a letter from my accountant to prove they were genuine. Also bank statements going back as far as I could get to prove that I was being paid by contractors and I got a statement from the inland revenue to show I had been paying tax & N.I. With this the TRA were happy so with you as it's only 3 yrs should be easy enough I sent 4 bank statements per year again just to show I was being paid that's the thing they want the most prove off so they know your getting paid for your trade they are assessing

good luck

Archived