family sponsored visa 489

nep12

hi to all,

Need some genuine Advice please,

i got my family sponsored visa 489 and have been given visa condition 8549, but my family who sponsered me is living in Adelaide ,South Australia.i am living in melbourne for since 4 years while i was in student visa, my question is , my visa condition says i need to live work and study in designated area of australia and i understand that i need to live and work in designated area but i am very much in confusion that should i need to go and live where my sponsor is living means in Adelaide,South Australia or i can continue to live and work in MELBOURNE because as far as i know MELBOURNE also comes to Designated Area, if i am not wrong. because i need to apply for visa subclas 887 after 2 years ,so will it make me in trouble if i continue to live and work in melbourne or it will be ok. please somebody advice me.

Thank for your comment blossom 79, but is there any evidence that it says Melbourne doesnt count as a designated area?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/designated-areas.htm

Yes Melbourne does count as a Designated area. Therefore you can stay in Melbourne to meet the requirements for the 887 as this will comply with you your visa conditions.

Archived