Have I messed up my visa?!

Red Rose

Hi there,

First post, so hi, and it's a shame to start it on a negative note.

I got the results of my positive skills assessment through from VETASSES last week and being the impulsive person I am, immediately lodged an EOI with SkillsSelect (190 visa) without having yet undertaken my IELTS. As a consequence, I currently only have 50 points.

I note from the FAQ section of SkillSelect (which I forgot to read beforehand) that you have to have undertaken an English language test before submitting an EOI. I have IELTS booked for next week but am now very concerned that I will not be able to update my EOI and gain more points.

What should I do? Do I withdraw my EOI and wait to receive the outcome of my IELTS before lodging another EOI?

I clearly don't know what I am doing with this whole visa process and am very concerned I have messed up my visa application already! :cry:

Mark

hi, if u dont have 60 points then it is very likely that u will nt get an invitation. no worries now , go for IELTS 7 EACH FOR add 10 points.

Thanks for clarifying the position guys.

You are fine. But just note that you do not want to falsely claim any points that you cannot prove cause that will be an automatic denial. e.g. claiming you have studied in Australia but have no proof of this ( I read it a few times here on the forum).

Take your IELTS and then adjust your points accordingly in your EOI.

Hope that helps.

Archived