Timescales 60 days??

cjbchris

I'm looking for some clarification on "If you are invited to apply for a visa, you will receive an invitation from SkillSelect. You will then have 60 days to make a valid visa application online, before the invitation expires. Applications received outside this timeframe will be invalid."

Does this mean completing the first online bit and paying the 3060, or does this mean everything has to be done within the 60 days - case officer assigned, medicals, checks etc...???

Thanks

Chris

It means just lodging your application and paying the fee.

The only thing is though I had a letter once I'd applied giving me a set time limit to upload everything, or at least book meds/police checks. I couldn't get my meds done by the deadline but I had them booked and I emailed the booking confirmation to my CO who was happy with that.

Edit: just checked my email and I had 28 days to reply with the requested documents or evidence of booking meds/police checks and reasons for the meds not being done in time.

Once application is lodged they usually state that you have 28 days to upload the supporting documents on your checklist. This is not including medicals or police checks, but some people are now front loading these without the CO request.

Your CO will give you 28 days to get the medicals and police checks, but as long as you can show that you have booked or sent away application for these if not received back within the 28 days it will be ok.

It is currently taking around 7 weeks for a 189 application to get a CO, so it could be up to 2 months once application is lodged before medicals and Police checks are requested, therefore do them too early it gives you less time to make first entry to Australia to validate your visa.

Archived