IELTS - Mandatory for dependant?

australia12345

• 11 months later...

Hi Lebourvellec,

I also learned that if the medium of instruction was English in School or College for a dependent, IELTS is not required and a letter from the Education Institution can be provided stating the dependent's course duration and specifying that the medium of instruction is English. I was not able to find this info in the link shared by you. Please let me know if the dependent has to still take the IELTS.

Thanks,

Savio

well i am a pom so my birth certificate is all i have to send due to been native

In that case, you would'nt need IELTS at all. My spouse and I are from India and the terms for us differ.

Please can any senior member share their views on this.

Hi Lebourvellec,

I also learned that if the medium of instruction was English in School or College for a dependent, IELTS is not required and a letter from the Education Institution can be provided stating the dependent's course duration and specifying that the medium of instruction is English. I was not able to find this info in the link shared by you. Please let me know if the dependent has to still take the IELTS.

Thanks,

Savio

It's there in the link provided: "evidence of a trade, diploma or higher qualification awarded by an institution in or outside Australia which involved at least two years of full-time study and all instruction was in English"

It's there in the link provided: "evidence of a trade, diploma or higher qualification awarded by an institution in or outside Australia which involved at least two years of full-time study and all instruction was in English"

Thanks a lot Adam... :embarrassed:Don't know how I missed this:embarrassed:

• 1 month later...

Hello Savio,

I am from Mumbai, the main applicant and my husband will be tagging along with me.

He is a BCom, CA. Just wanted to ask you what documents will you be uploading to prove functional english of your wife?

BCom is 3 years full-time course from Pune University. All his mark-sheets and degree certificate are in English language.

But none of these documents say that medium of instruction was English.

Im confused as whether the degree and mark-sheets will be enough.

Or should I get a letter from Pune University stating that medium of instruction was English.

Hello Savio,

I am from Mumbai, the main applicant and my husband will be tagging along with me.

He is a BCom, CA. Just wanted to ask you what documents will you be uploading to prove functional english of your wife?

BCom is 3 years full-time course from Pune University. All his mark-sheets and degree certificate are in English language.

But none of these documents say that medium of instruction was English.

Im confused as whether the degree and mark-sheets will be enough.

Or should I get a letter from Pune University stating that medium of instruction was English.

Hi piyuyawa,

Yes you can get a letter from the University as per Point No.5 in the below link. I'm planning to do the same for myself (My wife is the main applicant too :biglaugh: )

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/functional-english/

Below is the format that i've saved for myself from one of the forums. Hope this helps...

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This letter is in reference to the Australian visa application of <full name>. She was a student of this college <college name> (affiliated to <Univ name> University) from <mm/yyyy> to <mm/yyyy>, and completed her 3-year bachelor degree in <course/specialization> in <mm/yyyy>. The details of the subjects studied are available in her mark sheets.

During her time studying with us, she proved to be a good student with a keen mind and a willingness to work hard to learn. The medium of the study was in ENGLISH during the complete tenure of the course. English was studied as the First language. She has good oral and written communication skills in English.

Name of the authorized person

Signature and seal of the authorized person

Archived