Some of the rescues

Dawny

150821_4646601357973_1720647826_n.jpg As some of you know that since we have been back in the uk we have been involved in bird rescue, This is a picture of just a few of them

You have left to right

Lilly, clyde, hughie, cassie, bubble Naughty boy!, Toby Heni and Rosie!

150821_4646601357973_1720647826_n.jpg

Awww nice pics Dawny!Do they do alright in an avery or are they kept inside?(must be abit noisy if they are lol)Thats a really nice thing to do hon xx

Thank you Melza, Clyde and Hughie are outside all year round, which is just as well as they can be very loud, Lilly is our gentle girl so she is with us indoors, and the others are in a bird room, hardly make any noise, just chit chat and telling each other to shut up... Cassie is very naughty, mouth like a fish wife lmao..Found outside in the winter near a fishing lake, so she does shout a lot!! xx

Being biased but the top row look awesome. We (my parents) hav had 2 Galahas over the years. Their current one, the 2nd, has to be over 10 years old now I think.

I have said to my wife that I want to get our daughter a bird as her first pet. How would I go about getting a galah over here?

Are you planning on moving back to Aus at any point? If so you'd not be able to take a bird with you. Galah's are pretty long lived iirc. I've seen them for sale here from about £500 upwards :(

I don't get why we sell these birds tbh. I see some parrots for sale for almost £1400 and all they do is spend their life in a cage.

No Snifter, happy settled back here now, may visit Australia again at some point..

You do see a lot of Galahs advertised here, but very expensive..£850 upwards... Lilly is only around 6 years old, Cassie the macaw from a baby can be sold for around£1300, and live into the 80s, people want the fancy bird and don't like it when they prefer someone else in the family or they may bite, so they just can't be bothered with them any more!

Most of ours are free flying except henri who is nasty and will dive bomb and attack. poor boy!

Are you planning on moving back to Aus at any point? If so you'd not be able to take a bird with you. Galah's are pretty long lived iirc. I've seen them for sale here from about £500 upwards :(

I don't get why we sell these birds tbh. I see some parrots for sale for almost £1400 and all they do is spend their life in a cage.

not returning for a long time. Here for a long time now.

We are in the NW, Chester area.

You can register with some of the bird rehoming charities, birdline, charge a yearly membership etc, but so many birds on there, also preloved, gumtree sadly have lots of scammers on their pet sections and are best to be avoided, also if you are on facebook, there are several bird pages on there for buying and selling, there is a guy i know named stuart who breeds Galah's, not sure if he has any at the mo but i can ask for you x

You can register with some of the bird rehoming charities, birdline, charge a yearly membership etc, but so many birds on there, also preloved, gumtree sadly have lots of scammers on their pet sections and are best to be avoided, also if you are on facebook, there are several bird pages on there for buying and selling, there is a guy i know named stuart who breeds Galah's, not sure if he has any at the mo but i can ask for you x

We are looking to get out of the rental we are in and get our own place this year so once we get that then I will look at getting a bird. Will drop you a line when at happens. Thanks

Archived