190 visa question

dscblhall

I have been told by a migration expert that i am able to apply for a 190 visa but the only two states that are sponsoring my profession is ACT or Tas,i must be honest but these two would not be one of my first choices.Please can anyone tell me would i have to stay in either one of these states for two years or could i move elsewhere.

For example i am a Printer/supervisor and no matter how hard i search i cannot find a job advertised in either ACT or Tas in my trade,so if this would be the case when i arrive and i exhaust all avenues to try and find work would they then let me move to say Melbourne/Brisbane where there seem to be many jobs in my field or is it a legal obligation to stay in the state that sponsored you.

Any advise gratefully received.

I have been told by a migration expert that i am able to apply for a 190 visa but the only two states that are sponsoring my profession is ACT or Tas,i must be honest but these two would not be one of my first choices.Please can anyone tell me would i have to stay in either one of these states for two years or could i move elsewhere.

For example i am a Printer/supervisor and no matter how hard i search i cannot find a job advertised in either ACT or Tas in my trade,so if this would be the case when i arrive and i exhaust all avenues to try and find work would they then let me move to say Melbourne/Brisbane where there seem to be many jobs in my field or is it a legal obligation to stay in the state that sponsored you.

Hi,

If any state is sponsoring your 190 application that means they have jobs for you in their states otherwise you wont fid them on their list as well so better to go there and give a real try to find job in your profession in the sponsoring state and I think you will be able to find it. Jobs to find exactly matching your experience is definatly hard to find in early months of your arrival (thats all the experienced ppl say).

If you have exhausted all the tries, I think you can talk to your state represntative and ask their permission to move to another state.

From the state sponsorship form which I have signed for WA SS it seems its a legal understanding between me and the state that they are sponsoring my application because I am willing to live in WA for minimum 2 years so technically and ethically I will live in WA.

Anyhow its my personal view better to take advice from a registered MARA agent or you can search other threads as I have seen this kind of queries so many times discussed.

Good Luck

Our MARA agent said that we could work in another state but had to live in the state that sponsored us, but I'll check that out if we get there. as we are in the same boat as you, there doesn't appear to be any jobs in ACT and we don't really want to move there anyway, but it's the only state will our job on their list.

There is no condition on your visa that you must live an work in the state that has sponsored you for 2 years.

Search for Moral Obligation, there are a number of threads regarding this.

if this would be the case when i arrive and i exhaust all avenues to try and find work would they then let me move to say Melbourne/Brisbane where there seem to be many jobs in my field or is it a legal obligation to stay in the state that sponsored you.

So based on this example if you couldnt find a job in the sponsoring state, but found one else where, yes you can move, this will not impact your visa nor citizenship in the future.