Time limit for completing move?

Simonrbh

Can anyone tell me if this is still the case:-

Is there still a 5yr window to complete your move? The following will give you our personal circumstances:-

We have applied to emigrate from the UK to QLD and have just posted off my partner migration application, my girlfriend is Australian and has lived in the UK for 10yrs +. I spoke to an immigation agent and he told me that because we have lived together for over 3yrs it means that once you have been granted your visa all you need to do is visit Oz within the 12 month time limit for the temp residency visa and as soon as you go through Australian immigration then you are automatically granted pemanent residency status instead of having to wait 2 yrs and this means you then have a 5yr window to complete the move.

Sort of:

Your visa is usually valid for entry into Australia for five years after the day it was granted. However it normally needs to be activated (by getting your passport stamped in Australia) within 12 months of the date of your police checks or medical (whichever is has the earlier date).

Because you have lived together for three years you will be offered the sublass 100 visa and will not need to spend to years on a subclass 309 temporary visa first.

You will LIKELY be granted the 100 (permanent) rather than the 309 (temp to permanent), but this is at the discretion of the CO.

Jon and I made sure to include evidence to provide evidence of our relationship throughout the 3 years or so we'd been together and he went straight to 100, but there is no guarantee of this happening :)

You will LIKELY be granted the 100 (permanent) rather than the 309 (temp to permanent), but this is at the discretion of the CO.

Jon and I made sure to include evidence to provide evidence of our relationship throughout the 3 years or so we'd been together and he went straight to 100, but there is no guarantee of this happening :)

It is not discretionary. If they have been living together for three years and can prove it, then it definitely will be the permanent visa that is granted.

Archived