New member here, looking for visa advice in the future:-)

RobinVanPersie

Hey all

Im a young Irish lad here living in Perth on a WHV working on the sites and looking to get a 189/190 visa as a Construction Estimator. I have a QS degree and 3 years experience in Ireland but I will have some difficulty proving my employment to DIAC:-(

Looking at doing my IELTS soon, which I would need to get 8+ for the 20 points.

I'm a bit unsure about how to claim the 15 points for my degree thru VETASSESS, but I have been reading alot of threads on here and may start my own in the future:-)

Thats it folkes. Any UTD fans about ere..?

Hi all

@Weegie Dave

Its difficult for me as it was a family business and I never got payslips or paid tax, I was given a % of the profits which was put into a seperate bank account and also some payments were not monetary such as a car, rent, or towards building my own house. Its very complicated to explain to a person let alone to DIAC.

Hi all

@Weegie Dave

Its difficult for me as it was a family business and I never got payslips or paid tax, I was given a % of the profits which was put into a seperate bank account and also some payments were not monetary such as a car, rent, or towards building my own house. Its very complicated to explain to a person let alone to DIAC.

Ah, I see. It does sound rather complicated. Perhaps best to speak to a good migration agent and see if they can offer you any advice. I'm sure there will be a few on here that will be able to advise you better than me.

Yeah a agent would be good but It would kill me to pay a few thousand for something I could do myself. Also my familys company has gone bust and no longer exists and the Seinor Estimator and Project Manager have since moved to Canada and Nigeria (Yes Nigeria) to work.

Also i'm considering starting my own Formworking/Concreting business however im unsure if it would be worth while as my WHV is up in August and I dont know if it would allow me to sponsor myself thru my company.

Also is Foxtel worth it for the English Football?

Hey just wondering if you can check your Super account online? I'm with CBUS and got a letter saying I havent recieved a super payment in nearly 6 months but I had 2 employers since then and on my payslips it shows the ammount of super being paid.

What could be the problem?

Cheers

Archived