Curious

Bromney

So I've been on this board for a while but have read quite a few threads. I noticed a fair amount of posts from some that have returned to the UK and i was curious as to why you continue to participate on this board?

Just wondered if its a case of killing time, parting your knowledge on to new migrants, holding on to past experiences or what?

I myself am on the forum for useful info but also use it to for the entertainment value some threads provide.

Guest The Pom Queen

You will find a lot of people form friendships during their time here and stay on the board for that reason, or it could be to support others who return. It's the same as those who are loving life here, we keep up to date with friends and try to help others making the move.

Guest guest76088

My impression is that there are a number of people whose continuing participation seems to be simply to whinge about how bad things are in Australia as though they need to validate their decision to return to UK.

BigD

I think its valueable to have a balanced view,and reading posts not just on those on the journey to emigrate, but also for those who have perhaps returned,or are ping ponging.For some its a one way journey,for others a return.You have the choice which threads you will find of use.

My impression is that there are a number of people whose continuing participation seems to be simply to whinge about how bad things are in Australia as though they need to validate their decision to return to UK.

BigD

Or.....they could just be giving readers an honest opinion.

Guest The Pom Queen

BigD

But if they don't like Australia why shouldn't they have a whinge. It's not just countries its everything in life, if you aren't happy you tell people.

Guest guest76088

Maybe so, but in the patterns of postings it is not hard to recognise the repeated sentiment of someone who is not happy with life and will not give a balanced consideration of an issue.

When looking for information you give credibility to what is posted using your skill and judgement.

BigD

Or.....they could just be giving readers an honest opinion.

Maybe so, but in the patterns of postings it is not hard to recognise the repeated sentiment of someone who is not happy with life and will not give a balanced consideration of an issue.

When looking for information you give credibility to what is posted using your skill and judgement.

BigD

Just ignore them then. Simples!

BigD

FWIW, personally if I were emigrating,I probably would'nt take too much notice on posts about Australia that are ALWAYS negative.No country is that bad is it?I havent heard it for a while but the usual classic re the UK would be "I can't wait to leave this s***hole"Does that mean the whole of the UK is one?Or did the poster mean where they came from?Someone from the same area could think its heaven on earth!I believe that people who are emigrating don't usually want to hear the negatives about a country they are moving to.So if people return to their homeland and tell it how it is (for them anyway)then so be it.

Archived