English teaching in Sydney, and Australia

saren

How is the teaching English market in Sydney (and other larger cities) these days? Is there a boom, or a decline? What can an experienced, qualified instructor expect to earn per hour teaching Business English (corporate) to Adults, and 2nd choice, teaching General English. I'm looking for casual, per/hour work based on wage, without a lengthy contract as I'm on a working holiday and a native speaker. I'm sifting through the internet looking for a long list of English schools, language centers, tafe colleges, elicos, ames, etc.. whatever many contact email addresses I can gather to send out my CV online. I'm avoiding international schools, and universities because I prefer a more casual job. For example, 4 hours with one English center, 2 hours with another, 8 with a private (arranged via a school), altogether adding up to a weekly total of 20-30hours/week, all paid separately, and by the hour,or something like that. It worked well in Beijing,and Barcelona, hopefully can try Sydney as well.

Guest guest30085

Are you qualified in any way to teach English? TESOL even? I'd be amazed if someone without any qualifications would get any kind of work in an English speaking country, when there are plenty of qualified teachers who are looking for work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived