Parents Visa or Aged Parent Visa

Ozie

Hello!

I am quite new at this forum:).

I would like to migrate to Australia and have passed the tests for a Parent Visa.

However, I now have noticed that I will have to wait for TEN years to be considered a citizen....

Then I would be 74 years old and nobody knows if I am capable of migrate at that age...

What about Aged Parent Visa??

How long do I have to wait for such a visa instead?

I do hope, that there is somebody out there, who can answer properly to my questions,

since I am getting very confused here and I want to move Down Under within the next two years at least.

Please help me :)

I think what Ozie was referring to was the current 14-15 year processing wait for new applications for the Parent and Aged Parent visas unless you choose the Contributory Parent version with the $45k fee. The good news is that DIAC recently approved longer term visitor visas for those with pending parent visa applications (1 yr stay, etc) even still, it's not as if the parents can come and settle here during that period.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ozie, I migrated here in 2002/3 at the age of 70, its the best think I have ever done, a good life is to be had here, the Aussies are a really nice friendly crowd and you will be made very welcome, as for the 10 years you query, I was place on a waiting list in 2005 ( 804 none contributory visa) and only received my Residency last July, I now have to wait another 2 years before i can apply for citizenship, hope that clears your queries, take care and take the plunge, you wont regret it. Norm.

Hi Ozie, I migrated here in 2002/3 at the age of 70, its the best think I have ever done, a good life is to be had here, the Aussies are a really nice friendly crowd and you will be made very welcome, as for the 10 years you query, I was place on a waiting list in 2005 ( 804 none contributory visa) and only received my Residency last July, I now have to wait another 2 years before i can apply for citizenship, hope that clears your queries, take care and take the plunge, you wont regret it. Norm.

Norm I have just responded to your other thread. I was trying to understand your timings and visas you have been on. You say you have been on a "waiting list" since 2005, what visa were you on during this time or what were you on before you lodged your visa application?

Also from your other thread, you said you had lived in Australia for 9 years and when you say you got "residency" do you mean you got permanent residency last July? Because everyone standing in Australia has residency of some type, be it permanent or temporary so I just want to clarify that. The reason being, that if you did get PR last July and if you have been in the country for 9 years, then you would certainly qualify for citizenship in about July 2013. That is in 5 months not two years.