UK Student Loan

Hbsam01

Hi

I am currently in the process of filling out 189 application form and was wondering if I have to declare in part about debt at end that I have a UK student loan from the student loan company??

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

The Part about debt in the Application form is debt to the Australian Government or Public Authority in Australia.

So No.

But you should get the information regarding paying back your student loan from abroad.

have any outstanding debts to the

Australian Government or any public

authority in Australia?

• 3 weeks later...
The question states Has any applicant ever had outstanding debts to the Australian government or any public authority in any other Country?

is the student loans company a public authority?

As far as I am aware the SLC is a private company, and if you look at your loan paperwork this might verify that. So I would say no if that is the case?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I am about to submit my application for my 186 Visa and I am stuck on this question. The key point here is whether the SLC is a Public Authority or not.

From what I have read, the SLC is not a Public Authority. My understanding of the questions, is that it is asking about any delinquent debts, i.e. debts for goods and services rendered. But these debts would be to Public Authorities such as the Council, Govt Dept, income tax etc.

However, this is my understanding and I don't want to mess up my application for Permanent Residency over misunderstanding one definition.

Can anyone on here actually say whether the Students Loan Company is a Public Authority?

Thanks

Archived