Subclass 457 Visas

LojaChica

Guest ViknMark

Hi Leanne

Are you going on a 457 too? I do think PR is better, but wasn't achievable for us unfortunately, but at least getting a sponsor we are able to get out there sooner rather than later - and it's still plenty of time for my son to settle in at school before any exams etc.

Have you any idea roughly when you will get your visa? The waiting is awful isn't it, and we've only been waiting a couple of months lol - I keep saying "it should be here tomorrow", and trying to put it to the back of your mind is just not possible.

My OH is Mark as well (as you can probably see), in this country he is an on-site Project Manager, but it has a different title in Oz.

Sorry for going on a bit - I just cannot seem to keep my posts short - I can talk for England lol!!

Guest ally and ali

Hi Leanne and Mark,

We are yet another 20 mins down the road on the "lovely" Isle of Sheppey. We are hoping to go to Gold Coast asap. We have children similar ages to yourselves, Harry 9, Georgia, 6 and Charlie is just 3. I now can`t wait to go but did have reservations about sponsorship. I`m a nurse and have a job at Southport A&E dept. Unfortunately just trying to raise funds for our final medicals - so expensive along with everything else. Also trying to sell our house, but may just have to give up on that idea. Hope everything is going well for you.

Ali XX

Guest ally and ali

Hi Vik and Mark,

No we don`t quite have visas finalised but will definately be going to Gold Coast as have job as a nurse at Southport ED. Have also posted to Leanne at Herne Bay as we live on Isle of Sheppey - not far away at all. Maybe we should keep up with the Essex gang and have a Kent meet. Such a small world. How far have you got with your visas, have never really thought about Canberra I bet that should be great. Have you organised any shipping etc. Soooo exciting.

Best Wishes Ali xx

Guest ViknMark

Hi Ali,

We have got far with the visa, meds were finalised on 14th Jan, so definitely should be here any day soon - every day seems like a month though, and I can't stand it on Friday mornings when I still haven't heard, as you know it's not going to be there for the next couple of days at least, just too impatient lol!!!

We've got the shippers coming when we know when we are going. They've been and given a quote, we didn't have a choice which company as Mark's company arranged all of it.

So many people are going to the Gold Coast - must be so nice there, have you been there before?

We hadn't thought about Canberra before we got offered the sponsor, but we are warming to it. We may move on once my son is older, but we'll just have to see what happens.

You are soooo right, it is really exciting, it's all I'm thinking about at the moment, but then it's the future so it's hard to make any plans with anything without thinking of it isn't it.

How long do you think your visa will be?

Vikki

x

Archived