New Friends

Anotherfinemess

Hey Everyone,

I posted a message like this almost 1 year ago when we just arrived in Canberra and it resulted in meeting some fantastic people/couples whom we now consider very good friends so I thought I'd post again as we're

always looking to increase the size of our group of friends to go for a few drinks with etc.

So if there's any youngish couples (I'm 31 wife is 29) who are not quite at the havin kids stage in life fancy meeting up for a few beers give us a shout. We all live around the kingston/manuka/griffith area and usually head out around those spots.

Cheers

Steve

I'l take you up on that in 18 months when we land:-) Wife and I are 30 and 29 and looking at Manuka/Kingston for at least the first 2 years. Is it a fairly young city? Manuka and Kingston seem to be considered the trendier side of Canberra but there're a hellava lot of haters out there, doesn't look all that bad to me!

people are very biased towards whatever suburb they live in. We decided before we moved that we wanted to live around this area and when our lease ended we moved just across the road to forrest (right beside manuka) & no regrets so far. We love the amount of pubs/restaurants & cafe's that kingston & manuka have. Other suburbs have their own areas which all seem nice aswell so it depends on who you ask. I would consider kingston & manuka to be a younger area as there are less houses and more apartments so more couples and less families I suppose

• 2 months later...