Wicked Campervans For Sale $5000

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Just saw Wicked are selling their campervans off for $5k, may be good for someone travelling around Australlia and cheaper than renting.

Personally I wouldn't get one but for anyone interested. http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/component/content/article.html?id=38

A 2 or 3-Berth Van sale will be one of the following models: A Toyota Townace, Mitsubishi Express, Toyota Hiace or Mazda Econovan – all vehicles are just as reliable as each other.

6-Months/5,000km Parts Warranty (Petrol vehicles) and 2-Month/2,000km Parts Warranty for Diesel Vehicles – whichever period expires first.

6-Months Compulsory Third Party Insurance

Camping Equipment

12 Months Free Labour Servicing of the vehicle (Basic Oil Change & Filter Service Only)

6-Months Road Tax/Registration

Guest GeorgeD

I saw that...the wife and I have been toying with the idea of a cheap campervan/caravan/campertrailer. For the money I dread to think what they look like inside (i would also get paint job so we didn't look ridiculous as grown ups in a kiddievan!) We saw a campervan for 10K last week and it was hellish, so who knows what these ones are like!

I'd love to know if anyone has bought one of these or gone to see one on sale. Renting may be different...you'll probably get a better one, remember these are the ones they don't rent out anymore!

Cheap way to travel around though...buy at the start, travel and then sell when you are finished with it...much cheaper than renting for an extended period.

Guest The Pom Queen
I saw that...the wife and I have been toying with the idea of a cheap campervan/caravan/campertrailer. For the money I dread to think what they look like inside (i would also get paint job so we didn't look ridiculous as grown ups in a kiddievan!) We saw a campervan for 10K last week and it was hellish, so who knows what these ones are like!

I'd love to know if anyone has bought one of these or gone to see one on sale. Renting may be different...you'll probably get a better one, remember these are the ones they don't rent out anymore!

Cheap way to travel around though...buy at the start, travel and then sell when you are finished with it...much cheaper than renting for an extended period.

Lol I don't know George you could go all new age! Mind you some of the things wrote on them are a little rude.

We've seen a few, close-ish on our travels, and they look, for want of another word, minging. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, and that's just the inside lol, the actual body/nuts & bolts bit, I shudder to think. I'd really say to people, save a bit more and invest in something that will get you around in one piece - things don't depreciate over here car wise like in the UK, so as long as you plan ahead a bit, you should be able to get close to what you paid for something decent, and you therefore haven't really paid out in the ling run for transport/housing for most of your trip.

I guess though, if you are really desperate, its better than a random off gumtree, as at least you have a company with offices and people to contact if it us a bit of a lemon. Just make sure you treat the foam bed for bed bugs first off! Lol :)

Guest GeorgeD
We've seen a few, close-ish on our travels, and they look, for want of another word, minging. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, and that's just the inside lol, the actual body/nuts & bolts bit, I shudder to think. I'd really say to people, save a bit more and invest in something that will get you around in one piece - things don't depreciate over here car wise like in the UK, so as long as you plan ahead a bit, you should be able to get close to what you paid for something decent, and you therefore haven't really paid out in the ling run for transport/housing for most of your trip.

I guess though, if you are really desperate, its better than a random off gumtree, as at least you have a company with offices and people to contact if it us a bit of a lemon. Just make sure you treat the foam bed for bed bugs first off! Lol :)

As I suspected. Minging...love that word!

I really would love to see one they were selling...remember, they're the ones that aren't up to standard any more!