SAP Companies in Sydney - Accountant

We are moving to Sydney in April, I was wondering if anybody knew where i could get a list of companies that use SAP as there main ERP system as that would make my job search a little easier. I am not limiting my self to these companies but i have a lot of history in using SAP over other systems.

WHat a bizarre way of looking for a job as an accountant ... wouldn't you be better looking at the job content not the system they use!

Hmm anyway, not sure where you would find a list of what companies use what finance systems or why anyone would maintain such a list. Perhaps google SAP australia and see what comes up?

We are moving to Sydney in April, I was wondering if anybody knew where i could get a list of companies that use SAP as there main ERP system as that would make my job search a little easier. I am not limiting my self to these companies but i have a lot of history in using SAP over other systems.

Sorry, I've only got a list of Sydney companies that use SAP as their secondary ERP system. Kicking myself now, knew I should I should have kept the list of those using it as their main one.

As a finance professional (not an accountant though) who has used Peoplesoft, SAP, Oracle and now Finance One I would say don't worry about the systems being used. Learning how to use a new system will be a lot less of an issue than learning the accounting setup in the company anyway. I now work for a Uni and they have a mostly cash accounting based policy, but with a bit of accruals and revenue deferrals at year end, but just for specific things. The hardest thing for me has been learning the coding and policies and

rocedures rather than the systems. I would focus more on looking at Australian accounting standards as I wouldn't be surprised if most organisations use these rather than international standards.

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

The reason i ask is that although i am an accountant i am also the SAP FICO key user for in my company. It is therefore a reasonable question that i have asked. I think most people when looking for a job looks for ones which they have the skills to perform.

Please dont reply to my question if you have nothing useful to say

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

The reason i ask is that although i am an accountant i am also the SAP FICO key user for in my company. It is therefore a reasonable question that i have asked. I think most people when looking for a job looks for ones which they have the skills to perform.

Please dont reply to my question if you have nothing useful to say

I am afraid you don't get to pick and choose who answers your thread.

Certainly, I was attempting to provide good career advice as a seasoned professional so there is no need for rudeness like that to people that are quite clearly doing nothing but trying to be helpful. Anyway you might find those willing to help you will dry up pretty quickly with your appalling attitude, I certainly won't be responding to your posts again because I don't waste my time on ignorant people.

Archived