Family Tax Benefit waiting times - argh!!!!!

DBC

Hi all,

Myself, hubby and little one had our PR granted back in October (we came out on a 457 a year ago) and so I lodged a claim for Family Tax Benefit Part A on 21st October. I understand from the Centrelink website that there is a bit of a delay but I still haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else experienced this sort of waiting time?

Just to be clear - I took all the necessary documentation into the local Medicare centre to get it all approved and it's all been sent through.

I'm quite anxious as we have another baby due in 3 weeks and I can't apply for the Baby Bonus until this is sorted and would like to get as organised as possible.

Thanks!

I applied at the end of november for the rebate but havent heard anything yet. But just gave them my TFN yesterday. He said there may be a wait of upto 8 weeks from application--in that case its time you heard something so call them up or go into an office and enquire.

I have one of those - they ask you to read it out over the phone to go through to the next step and it doesn't recognise it - I have a pretty standard accent so can't work out what I'm doing wrong!

Oh well, I'll pack some sandwiches and head off there tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived