Frazer Island- go on our own or organised day trip?????

millers

Hi there

After a bit of advice....hoping to go visit Frazer Island next week for a day and wondered what is the best way to go? the ferry cost to take our 4WD is $155 and then i believe you have to buy a permit??? how much does this cost? also is it worth the $ to go on an organised trip across and also are there any websites that give you discount on a trip across? i am a member of the RACQ but no discount for Frazer...:(

Hi there

After a bit of advice....hoping to go visit Frazer Island next week for a day and wondered what is the best way to go? the ferry cost to take our 4WD is $155 and then i believe you have to buy a permit??? how much does this cost? also is it worth the $ to go on an organised trip across and also are there any websites that give you discount on a trip across? i am a member of the RACQ but no discount for Frazer...:(

I would recommend the organised tours ... Don't have to worry about salt damage to your 4WD, they show you all the interesting bits, excellent commentary, and the one we went on had a lovely lunch laid on as well.

Looking at your picture you have at least one youngster. Ours still speak (8 years later) of the 4WD coach that we went on and describe it as the "kangeroo coach" because of the way it heaved and rocked as we went over the uneven road. So personally would recommend the organised tours, and would say the entire experience was well worth the $s.

If you round a bend in your fourby, and come "face to face" with one of the tour coaches, it's then that you wish that you had taken the tour :laugh:

Spend a few bucks and let them risk their vehicles, not you. That said, We've been 4 times and always in our own vehicle.

Archived