Feather duvets and garden equipment

memmymooch

Are these allowed to be shipped - the duvets? And also have seen a few posts on here recommending to bring lawn mower etc but when I spoke with movers at expo both said leave as no way would get the lawn mower clean enough to get through customs.

Mem

Dont know if you know or not Mem,but if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see similar threads,according to them the duvets are ok,customs only interested in untreated feathers the threads say,also you have to declare them

I have read of people taking lawn mowers. However, they were scrubbed, cleaned, scrubbed some more and then doused in Jeyes fluid. If its really good and expensive to replace, consider cleaning it and bringing it. If its not, I'd leave it and buy once you are settled. You may find you end up somewhere with more paving or grass that doesn't grow much or some such.

And agree with what pabs said re duvets. They are fine, just declare if it asks for it on the paperwork.

We were told that goose feather were fine but duck were not. If they come through the material they can't go. Apparently goose dont

come through. All mine are duck. Don't know if this is correct.

Both duck and goose feather can poke through. The weave and thickness of the cotton can help prevent the odd feather escaping. It's the down that won't escape. I've never heard only goose feather can be shipped. It's all been treated the same way.

Archived