Nursing Jobs

Before we move to Perth, my husband would like to secure a job as a registered mental health nurse. He will have worked as a nurse for 10yrs by May 2013. Is it worth applying for the jobs that have advertised as a job pool or is it better for him to send his cv's to the hospital HR departments?

Claire

Here in WA if you are sucessful to the pool it doesn't mean that you are offerred a job right away. After interview, successful candidates will be ranked in order of suitability, when a permanent position becomes available then they are offered to those in the pool (in the order of their ranking). It's worth putting in an application .. if it's here in WA do make sure you address the selection criteria in addition to sending your CV as they short list against the selection criteria and if the information isn't in your CV then you don't get shortlisted.

No harm in contacting hopsitals directly either - but you may get re-directed to existing vacancies/pool advertisements.

Hi Ali

I am also looking to come to WA in 2013 and would be looking to secure a Registered Mental Health Nurse post either before or as soon as possible after arriving. I am 20 yrs qualified and have spent the last 10 yrs based in the community. Are there community based jobs available and would I be better applying to agencies for short term work whilst applying for pool jobs?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kaz

Hollywood clinic at Hollywood Hospital is building a new psych ward and we will be recruiting for more psyche nurses. I currently work for them and we have a website which u can apply through or u can email my manger directly which she responds to very well.

Hollywood clinic at Hollywood Hospital is building a new psych ward and we will be recruiting for more psyche nurses. I currently work for them and we have a website which u can apply through or u can email my manger directly which she responds to very well.

Oh thank you for the reply :D yes please to the website and your managers email, that would be fab, thank you :D

Claire

Hi we are looking to move to Perth this year and we are looking for jobs as mental health nurse (husband) and general nurse (me). Could you please forward me the email number so my husband can send his cv please. Much appreciated.

Archived