WHERE WILL MEDS GO?

Guest THE JONEZYS

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi every one, well I took the advice of most that replied and have decided to " frontload" the meds as we had already had the police checks done any way. I posted the PC's to agent and they recieved them yesterday and sent the usuall negative response of "as they haven't yet been requested they can't do anything with them and they don't recomend doing anything else untill request is made" :roll: . Thats easy for them to say but I cant sit here doing nothing apart from feeling sick with anticipation. We exchange contracts on the house next week and so want to be in a position to be able to go a.s.a.p. Which leaves me with this dillema, we have our meds on thursday but what will happen to them :? where will they be sent :?: . I was going to mail agent on monday and ask but they make me feel like a naughty school kid the way they keep telling me off. Any help, advice, recomendations, medication or therapy greatly recieved as long as its free as meds for a family of 4 dont come cheap you know :!: :!:

CHEERS LESLEY

Guest Pasty

Hi Lesley

The medicals go the the LCU in Sydney for processing. Not 100% sure of the address but if you do a seach for LCU in Sydney on either this or aussie move, etc then the address will come up. The Panel Doctor should send them for you as well, they will not be accepted if they come from you.

Hope this helps

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest THE JONEZYS

THANX FOR THAT MRS P, JUST ANOTHER QUICKIE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP I have just made a mistake on chest x ray form :x and have spent the last 1/2 hour :x going round in circles trying to find where I downloaded it from I remember when I did it I had trouble getting the right forms to come up as on DIMIA I can only find forms for onshore applicants and for health workers I just want a plane form 160. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.........PLEEEEEEEEEAZ :evil: . RIHT IM GOIN TO GO AND HAVE A LITTLE CRY NOW....IS IT TOO EARLY FOR A DRINK DYA THINK :?:

LESLEY

Guest Pasty

Hi

Have you tried the australian high commision website, if I remember rightly that is where we were going to get our forms from before we got a case officer. There is a section about visas or it could be regarding panel doctors but I'm sure that's where the forms are

Jackie

Guest Gollywobbler
THANX FOR THAT MRS P, JUST ANOTHER QUICKIE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP I have just made a mistake on chest x ray form :x and have spent the last 1/2 hour :x going round in circles trying to find where I downloaded it from I remember when I did it I had trouble getting the right forms to come up as on DIMIA I can only find forms for onshore applicants and for health workers I just want a plane form 160. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.........PLEEEEEEEEEAZ :evil: . RIHT IM GOIN TO GO AND HAVE A LITTLE CRY NOW....IS IT TOO EARLY FOR A DRINK DYA THINK :?:

LESLEY

Hi Lesley

I recommend an immediate drink! :D

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html/medical.html

Here are the meds forms again. Scroll right to the end of the section.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/lcu-visa-class-list.pdf

I think your meds are likely to go to the LCU.

Mine's a G&T but I can't have one without a drinking partner. Need a glug because of Visa-Stress. :)

Love

Gill

Guest jordan
Hi every one, well I took the advice of most that replied and have decided to " frontload" the meds as we had already had the police checks done any way. I posted the PC's to agent and they recieved them yesterday and sent the usuall negative response of "as they haven't yet been requested they can't do anything with them and they don't recomend doing anything else untill request is made" :roll: . Thats easy for them to say but I cant sit here doing nothing apart from feeling sick with anticipation. We exchange contracts on the house next week and so want to be in a position to be able to go a.s.a.p. Which leaves me with this dillema, we have our meds on thursday but what will happen to them :? where will they be sent :?: . I was going to mail agent on monday and ask but they make me feel like a naughty school kid the way they keep telling me off. Any help, advice, recomendations, medication or therapy greatly recieved as long as its free as meds for a family of 4 dont come cheap you know :!: :!:

CHEERS LESLEY

Know how you feel my agent is like this as well. We have just sold our house and still awaiting for meds to be requested. We would like to frontload our meds so we can get our visa before we have to move out. If we move before our visa are issued will our agent change our address for us( haven't told them we've put the house on the market they won't be happy) :) Who's your agent

Stacey xx

Guest THE JONEZYS

Well thanks to Glenn and Kate :D got my forms sorted and managed to resist the bottle of SAUV BLANC that kept calling my name from the fridge untill 6PM, then couldn't resist any longer, especialy when the chicken tikka arrived from the takeaway :wink: .

Well, now that I am feeling much more human(ish) :twisted: lets talk, our agents are OE--- overseasemigration.co.uk and on the whole have been great. I think the deal with telling you not to frontload is just to cover themselves incase anything goes a bit Pete Tong but we decided to take that chance and actually wish that I had done meds even sooner as being a bit more pro-active has made me feel a bit better. Does anyone know.. if I got in touch with Adelaide would they tell me anything seeing as we haven't been assinged CO yet or do we have to just sit and wait for them to make the first move :?:

Well im trying to type this and flick between BB and watching Portugal get what they deserve ( soz any Portugese out there & soz again if I've spelt it wrong) I think this is the 1st time I have ever cheered for Germany but heyho despite all this countries faults the footie makes me very patriotic ( and loud apparently) and as its now 3-1 to Germany IM GOING TO REFILL MY GLASS. It will be my last though, as I have to be up at 4am to do another bootsale, all proceeds going to the meds fund.

Thanx everyone for your posts today it makes me feel much better to know that im not the only one losing the plot :P

LESLEY

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lesley

I don't think Adelaide will tell you anything at this stage.

However, the LCU will tell you if you e-mail and ask them. Please see tis link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/lcu-sydney.htm

Go right to the end of the section and clicK on the link to the enquiry form. All should be revealed via that.

Cheers

Gill

You can email the LCU direct at LCU@immi.gov.au. Give name of primary applicant and all other applicants, date of birth and passport numbers, when the medicals were sent (I gave an approx date) and how they were sent e.g. courier and details if you have them - don't worry if you don't as I didn't.

I initially got an automated response e.g. your first port of call should be your case officer etc. - ignore this. Within 48 hours you will get a reply. When I emailed - mine and hubbys had been processed with the comment "no further information required at this time" (which I took to be a good sign), and the childrens were still being processed.

Hope this helps

Ali x

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi everyone,

had our meds done on thursday and was even brave enough to tell agent beforehand and got the expected telling off. They also said that the panel doc should not send meds to LCU untill CO has made request, has anyone else been told this :?: has anyone else done this :?: or has anyone just sent them any way :?: I'm not really sure wether this is a rule or just the agents advice. If any one can help I would be sooo greatfull.

THANK YOU

LESLEY

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lesley

There is NO rule that says you cannot frontload your meds, and happily for you, the Panel Doctor does not take his instructions from OE. The PD will simply send the meds to the LCU once he gets the blood test results back from the lab. They take 7-10 days to be sent to the doctor.

Once the meds have been processed, the LCU mark up the database to show that the medical criteria have been met. When the CO is assigned, he or she looks at the database, sees that the meds have been done, and thinks, "Oh good. One less job for me to have to do on this application."

Your agent is a jobsworth who has swallowed the textbook instead of reading it is what their nonsense sounds like to me. They are lucky that they do not act for me, because under NO circumstances does the hired help tell me - the paymaster - what I can and can't do. I'd be telling your agent to consider an immediate attitude-transplant, bluntly.

Thusands of people frontload their meds every year, and as long as you don't do it vastly too soon, it saves a load of hassle & delay, and helps the whole process to go more smoothly, so do NOT worry about it.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest THE JONEZYS

Thanx Gill,

perhaps I should sack my agent and employ you instead :lol: You seem to know a lot more than they do and have the right attitude to get any client through the process pronto :!: Ever thought about it :?:

CHEERS

LESLEY

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lesley

Thanks for your kind words, but nah! I'm only involved with these visas at all because after years of being unable to migrate because of the way the Balance of Family test used to work in relation to step-children, I discovered last year that the Law about this has been changed and it is now finally possible for her to migrate after all. She'll be 86 in September so this has been a VERY long time coming, but I'm hoping to get it wrapped up by Christmas.

It is relatively easy to work it out with Parent visas & tourist visas. I wouldn't know where to begin with all the various visas for skilled workers though. But some of the strands in the process - eg the meds and the police - are common to all types of visa.

Also, it is much easier for anyone involved with Parent visas to get really solid help and advice from DIMA. The Parent processing office is in Perth and it is all much more relaxed, and much less of a conveyor-belt, than the ASPC and the LCU. Your can phone the Parent Centre with queries and get help every time, ditto with e-mails to them.

I don't envy anybody battling through the skills process and so on. However, we all believe that it will be worth it in the end, don't we?

Have a nice day

Gill

:)

Hi Gill and Lesley,

I too was made to feel like a naughty school girl for front loading our meds. It annoys me that I have already paid our agent the total of his fees and I now have feelings of distrust. I am thinking that he may hold back information because he wants to prove himself to be right, and I'm kicking myself for filling in on the application all correspondance to go to him first!

WHY DID I DO THAT????!!!! :evil:

This whole thing is driving me demented! :twisted:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Beki

Thanks very much for your kind words about Mum's application on the other thread.

You need NOT feel that you Agent could hold you to ransom or withhold anything from you. If you don't trust him, change the Authorised Recipient to yourself. You don't need the Agent's consent to do this, either. You are the applicant and DIMA will happily go along with whatever you want.

If you change the AR to you, then all the information and requests will come directly to you. Whether you then copy your agent in on e-mails and letters will be up to you, but the main thing is that you will be holding the reins from now on. I wouldn't settle for anything less on my mother's behalf, that is for sure.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1231.pdf

The above is the form that you need to change the AR. There is no fee for the service and no reason why it should hold anything up. The agent might not like it but that's just tough where I come from!

Cheers

Gill

Archived