Hubby needs to do a RPL project report- help please!

jaxcooper

Hi Guys,

We are about to start the ball rolling in the New Year and the first step is getting a RPL from the ACS as hubby has years of experience but no up-to-date qualifications.

I have just presented him with the project report forms which he is finding a bit daunting as he doesn't know how much detail he should or shouldn't enter.

Would anyone be so kind as to give us a guide of how much detail is required and indeed any other tips would be awesome. It's only the beginning and I don't want him scared off already! ;-)

Thank you

Does he hold any certification related to his nominated occupation?

Hi Voxtro, he is MCP certified but he got that in 2003. ACS guidelines only mention post 2007. I have contacted them to clarify but havent heard back and i think they are closed till new year.

Hi Voxtro, he is MCP certified but he got that in 2003. ACS guidelines only mention post 2007. I have contacted them to clarify but havent heard back and i think they are closed till new year.

Hi Jaxcooper,

MCSE / MCSD qualifies as AQF diploma and the year it was certified is not usually considered. I almost did my RPL and changed in last minute after I read the guidelines which stated Microsoft certification was considered AQF diploma and the same was evaluated by ACS as well.

I agree that RPL preparation is tedious and would require references related to the project. As there are no real templates available for RPL, I would suggest your hubby to star preparing initial draft. ACS suggests RPL to be in your own words. If your hubby has meeting minutes and other documents (not so confidential to the project). This can be attached as an evidence to prove.

Happy new year .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived