Anyone know why some agents advise ACCA & no degree to apply to ICAA not CPA?

Lou8670

Hi all

I have been pondering this for a little while and researching on the Internet but can't see why some migration agents advise that UK ACCA and CIMA qualified accountants who do not also have an undergraduate degree should apply to ICAA for their skills assessment for migration rather than to CPA. Anyone know why?

Much appreciated

Lou

Hi all

I have been pondering this for a little while and researching on the Internet but can't see why some migration agents advise that UK ACCA and CIMA qualified accountants who do not also have an undergraduate degree should apply to ICAA for their skills assessment for migration rather than to CPA. Anyone know why?

Much appreciated

Lou

Why not ask one?

ICAA may just be the ones who do that work?

ACCA isn't liked much from what I can tell around here. But on the up side, half the recruitment agents are English - so they can help sell it :)

But CPA and ACCA don't seem to get on - I believe they see ACCA as a competitor, so they're not going to help ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello Lou8670

I wonder if you can help me, i have received positive skills assessment from CPA for my ACCA qualification in the UK. I am applying for the visas online and under type of qualification, should i choose bachelors degree or other qualification recognized. I am wondering if you came across similar situation.

Your reply will be much appreciated

Hi all

Much appreciated

Lou

I was trying to recall what we put as it was a while ago now. I remember we had the same question and toyed with the same options. I don't think it will make too much difference as your acca will have been assessed as equivalent to a degree. The main thing is that you're claiming the right number of points. If they are both 15 points then I don't think you would have too much to worry about.

Lou

Archived