Student life

Guest Joe_L

Hello there

After just turning 30 (dear god) I'm coming over to Brissy to start a 2 year course at a TAFE... Ahhhh I'm becoming a student!!!

Being a singleton & with no real committments I'll be looking to either stay in Student houses or a house share. I'm hoping there are a few students that have taken the same route as me that could tell me their experiences regarding living, only being able to work 20 hrs a week & just generally how they got on. Whether they found it hard & what advice would you give

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe, congrats on getting on your course. I'm of no help here, just wanted to say I've just turned 30, and am also going back to Uni in a month, so know how you feel! (Except I'm married with three little kids, so can't really benefit from the whole student lifestyle thing)

There's loads of adverts at the minute for people renting out individual rooms for students and houseshares, (although on the Gold Coast, bit far for travelling everyday!), expect Brissy to be the same. There's notices in the newspapers, shopping centre notice boards, and the real estate agents sometimes have house sharing adverts.

Laura, are you studying on the Gold Coast?

Jo

Hi laura. I'll be doing a 2 year Cabinet/Furniture making course in Brissy. I thought it was about time I got myself a trade. Just taken a while to get into action. I take it your a student as well??

Cheers for the info Jo.. 3 Kids huh!!. I don't know if I could manage it... I struggle on my own lol... With only being able to work 20 hours a week I don't think its going to be the most amazing student life. But I'm not there to be jollying it up all the time (wink wink). I've been to Brissy before back in 2001 so I know a little on trying to find accommodation. Just checking what student houses would be like. Ive got a few places to contact. It's all going well so far.. Good luck with Uni. What you studying?

Guest Laura G

Hi Joe,

No i'm not a Student, I work for a Migration Agency on the Gold Coast and help Students get to Oz, Are you going to SkillsTech for your course?

I have a few Students who have started there over the last year, I could put you in touch with some of them as they are working and you could share experiences.

PM or E-mail me laura@thisisausttralia.com I'll put you in touch with them

Laura

Archived