Help with 190 visa and partner

deryck

Hello,

I will soon apply for a 190 visa and I would like to include my partner, we should be recognized as a de facto couple.

I do not have idea wether I have to get a de facto "status" before applying the 190 visa on the diac website or if the evidence of my de facto will be asked when I'll get a CO after having applied for the 190. I mean do I have to make another application for the de facto before applying the 190?

Does anyone can help me? I have already written to the Australian embassy in Germany but after a week still no answer!

Thank you

Stefano

You put them down as your dependent on your visa. They will want proof of your relationship, probably at the application stage, and maybe more when you get a co. I was married before applying for any visa so have only ever had to provide our wedding cert, so not sure exactly what they will want from you.

Ok thank you it seems ok for the moment, I just have to apply for 190 and then wait for them asking me for the documents.

A question about the second instalment... If we are both Italian and my girlfriend has also an English passport although she was born here in Italy ( but she speaks a good English that I envy :( ) does she need to take the ielts exam or she just can sow her passport as a proof of functional english ?

To include your de facto partner on your 190 as a secondary applicant, you'll need to provide documentation proving the existence of the relationship and that it has been ongoing for at least one year. http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

Living together is the most common way of proving the validity of a relationship. If you were to show rental leases or mortgages with both your names on them for example, that would be fairly concrete proof of the validity of the relationship. Other items might include shared bills, travel itineraries, mail to the same address, photos of the two of you together.

If your partner holds a valid UK passport, she won't need to take IELTS as that's proof enough of functional English skills.

Thank you! Where did you find out that? Because sometimes I read that the person have to be born in a country with English as a primary language, she is born in Italy, lived in Italy but her moms from uk. Will it be accepted anyway?

She doesn't need to have been born there but English must be her first language. This link has some of the other options for meeting the criteria, including having taken a two-year or longer course taught in English. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/functional-english/

If she needs to take IELTS, she only needs to get a 4.5 or higher.

• 1 month later...

Archived