bridging visa confusion.

bessiedoll

Hi Guys

After much stress, i have finally submitted my Defacto visa application, and have received a letter by email stating that it is being processed and that when my current (WHV) expires i will go on a bridging visa a. I thought this would be the case, but i am confused by what the letter says.

you were granted a Bridging visa A upon lodgement of this application with visa condition nil

what is confusing me about this is that i thought the bridging visa had the same conditions as the visa i am currently on, but accouding to this, or at least what i gather from it, is that there are no restrictions at all? i have tried looking on immigration website, but cant find anything helpful on there, and as its a weekend i cant ring them.. i will stew on this all weekend so i thought i would try my luck and see if anyone can shed any light on this

Thanks

I have always understood that the same conditions as the subtantive visa will apply, but I don't know what the bridging visa "looks like". How long is there left on the WHV? Perhaps it is a moot point anyway if you get your partner visa before you are six months into the bridging visa.

I was on a Bridging Visa A with 'nil' conditions for 2 years. The nil conditions provides a visa holder with unlimited permission to work when the Bridging Visa is in effect. Your Bridging visa has been approved but will not come into effect until your WHV expires. You will still be able to continue working. There are restrictions on travel outside of Australia- you need to apply for a BVB if you wish to do so.