got the invitation! - specified area ?

cyberslam

Hey all!

Firstly a good news that i finally got an invitation for Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa on the 2nd Dec after lodging EOI on the 11th Nov 2012 :- )

Now i seek a slight clarification before going ahead and submitting the visa application.

On the website http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/ , its mentioned that a person has to live in the designated area if sponsored by an eligible relative which in my case is Brother living in Melbourne holding a PR. So, does this mean that i will be able to live anywhere in the state of VIC once i get the visa?

Also, when i lodging my EOI there was a question "is the applicant is living to live in a regional area?" to which i stated YES. Is the regional area same as the designated area in my case?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks bubbe! and what about the following? :

"Also, when i lodging my EOI there was a question "is the applicant is living to live in a regional area?" to which i stated YES. Is the regional area same as the designated area in my case? "

yes, according to here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/designated-areas.htm

designated area in VIC is ANYWHERE :)

Thanks bubbe! and what about the following? :

"Also, when i lodging my EOI there was a question "is the applicant is living to live in a regional area?" to which i stated YES. Is the regional area same as the designated area in my case? "

Yes. Your sponsor will need to provide evidence that he lives in a designated area as well such as utility bills, tax notices showing his name and address etc. We have also been asked to provide evidence of the sponsor relationship. We have supplied family tree and copies of birth certificates.

Yes. Your sponsor will need to provide evidence that he lives in a designated area as well such as utility bills, tax notices showing his name and address etc. We have also been asked to provide evidence of the sponsor relationship. We have supplied family tree and copies of birth certificates.

good to hear Candygirl!

Btw, do you know if this kind of visa prolongs the time period required to live in Australia in order to apply for the Citizenship?

Also, since we can't take apply for PR at least before 2 years (provided conditions are met), do you think this visa will effect in anyway in search for jobs in Australia? what about health insurance and other other benefits that you get with PR?

tHANKS!

good to hear Candygirl!

Btw, do you know if this kind of visa prolongs the time period required to live in Australia in order to apply for the Citizenship?

Also, since we can't take apply for PR at least before 2 years (provided conditions are met), do you think this visa will effect in anyway in search for jobs in Australia? what about health insurance and other other benefits that you get with PR?

tHANKS!

To gain PR from a 489, you need to have resided there continuously min 2 years. After the 2 years, you apply for PR and then two years after that, you can apply for your citizenship.

As for the healthcare, if you currently reside in a country who has a reciprocal arrangement with Oz, you might get emergency cover with Medicare - best to check on their website http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card?utm_id=9 there are lots of details on there.

From speaking to family and friends, the maj of Aussies have private healthcare cover, so we are happy to pay for it. We have done a couple of online quotes and the best we have found is $207 per month - top cover for a couple.

My OH, who is the main applicant, is hoping to sub-contract as he is currently self employed and hopes to do the same if he gets to Oz and has been in touch with state licensing, suppliers etc and has not had anyone say anything negative about being on a 489 visa. I have made enquiries of agencies and they are accepting the 489 as a permanent visa. It is a prov visa, but it is classed differently as you are not relying on an employer to sponsor you thus keeping you in the country and as long you stick to the rules and meet the guidelines, it seems a relatively painless procedure to gain PR once you have met the criteria.

Hope this helps.

thank you Candygirl! pretty useful information in your post.

Btw, i am just gathering around all the required docs by going through the document checklist (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/489-applicant-checklist.pdf) and came across the health requirements which aren't very much clear to me :-| do i have to get my health examination and chest x-ray done at the time of lodging the application or they would be required later on? and in my case it would be "health requirement for permanent entry to Australia", right?

Thanks a ton in advance!

To gain PR from a 489, you need to have resided there continuously min 2 years. After the 2 years, you apply for PR and then two years after that, you can apply for your citizenship.

As for the heal....

thank you Candygirl! pretty useful information in your post.

Btw, i am just gathering around all the required docs by going through the document checklist (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/489-applicant-checklist.pdf) and came across the health requirements which aren't very much clear to me :-| do i have to get my health examination and chest x-ray done at the time of lodging the application or they would be required later on? and in my case it would be "health requirement for permanent entry to Australia", right?

Thanks a ton in advance!

You will need to get your medical checks done after you received your Invite to Apply from DIAC have lodged your application on Evisa. It is normal for people to get their meds done when the CO requests them, but quite a few now are getting them done shortly after their lodge their application in the hope of speeding up the process.

You will need to get your medical checks done after you received your Invite to Apply from DIAC have lodged your application on Evisa. It is normal for people to get their meds done when the CO requests them, but quite a few now are getting them done shortly after their lodge their application in the hope of speeding up the process.

ok so i guess i can do the medical a later after lodging the visa app or when the CO requests.

btw, yesterday i finished filling up my online visa application form and no where it asked me to upload the required docs (IELTS, ACS skills assesment etc..) so do we have to courier these docs or am i missing something here? :-|

thanks again for your continous help!

ok so i guess i can do the medical a later after lodging the visa app or when the CO requests.

btw, yesterday i finished filling up my online visa application form and no where it asked me to upload the required docs (IELTS, ACS skills assesment etc..) so do we have to courier these docs or am i missing something here? :-|

thanks again for your continous help!

When you have completed lodging the application and paid your fee, you will be given a TRN number and you will need to choose a password. Once you have these, you can log into your eVisa and after a couple of hours/days you will see a list of documents that they will require you to upload. The system is a "hit and miss" at the moment so don't worry if you experience problems with it. Once you have your TRN number, you will do everything from the eVisa screen. Once you download your Med PDF forms, you will be in the "medical" system. I called the hospital, gave them our TRN number and they had all our details on their system already.

Honestly, it is all really easier than it sounds, I like the new system, but at the moment there are just a couple of teething issues with it. At times, you can either not get logged in or it is very slow.

Hiya

I am on this visa. (it was formerly known as the 475)

I have a reciprocal health medicare card as I am from UK and it gives all the same things as a medicare card. There are some jobs (government /public service) which are only open to those with citizenship or PR and it may be useful to put together a summary statement outlining the main conditions of the visa. It may be easier now that the visa is called the 489 because people here can't seem to get their head round the fact that the 475 and 457 are completely different visas.

Hope that is as clear as mud. :huh:

Best of luck

Millie x

When you have completed lodging the application and paid your fee, you will be given a TRN number and you will need to choose a password. Once you have these, you can log into your eVisa and after a couple of hours/days you will see a list of documents that they will require you to upload. The system is a "hit and miss" at the moment so don't worry if you experience problems with it. Once you have your TRN number, you will do everything from the eVisa screen. Once you download your Med PDF forms, you will be in the "medical" system. I called the hospital, gave them our TRN number and they had all our details on their system already.

Honestly, it is all really easier than it sounds, I like the new system, but at the moment there are just a couple of teething issues with it. At times, you can either not get logged in or it is very slow.

I already have a TRN number but i guess i will more information (requested docs , status etc..) once i pay the fee?

and yes you are right, the system is a bit dodgy as sometimes the website just crashes :-|

Archived