Need help... Sponsored visa and abn.

SW1

We have a slight dilema. (I am also writing on the iPad so apologise for any sp#)

We are a young couple who have recently come on WHV to Australia, we will have finished our 3 months agricultural work at Christmas to entitle us to our second year (yay).

luckily for us we have also found a guy who really wants to sponsor Scott (the boyfriend) He is a contractor for Origin Energy who has owned his business for years and he has said if we can get ABN and we are willing to commit to him then he will take us on! He is going to put Scott through his training which is costing him thousands and we are very keen to take this offer.

my problem is, the guy doesn't necessarily employ anyone, he has contractors working for him, 3 I think at the moment which are Australian residents and he has put them through their training too.

I have been told that he needs to have at least 9 employee's to be eligible to sponsor us?? And also because we will be working with ABN we can't be sponsored?? Can someone confirm this?

Also if the above is true and he isn't eligible, what do you suggest we do? Any other visa options we can go for? I.e state sponsorship, possibly another employer sponsoring us and still working for him? etc.

More info: As of Xmas we will have 20months on our visa. the main goal is to gain pr. Scott is a fully qualified joiner in uk, and with these qualifications he will gain on course he will be able to weld,drive trucks, and have access to mining grounds.

Please please help!!!!!!

Thank you

It doesn't sound like he has a chance of sponsoring. If he can train your bf to be self employed, then he could do the same for an Australian. And you are right, for sponsorship you need a contract and they must have other people on contracts.

Has your boyfriend looked into getting a skills assessment or a sponsor for the job he is trained in? There may be some states looking for joiners, you will have to have a look, but he will need the skills assessment.

Good luck.

We have a slight dilema. (I am also writing on the iPad so apologise for any sp#)

We are a young couple who have recently come on WHV to Australia, we will have finished our 3 months agricultural work at Christmas to entitle us to our second year (yay).

luckily for us we have also found a guy who really wants to sponsor Scott (the boyfriend) He is a contractor for Origin Energy who has owned his business for years and he has said if we can get ABN and we are willing to commit to him then he will take us on! He is going to put Scott through his training which is costing him thousands and we are very keen to take this offer.

my problem is, the guy doesn't necessarily employ anyone, he has contractors working for him, 3 I think at the moment which are Australian residents and he has put them through their training too.

I have been told that he needs to have at least 9 employee's to be eligible to sponsor us?? And also because we will be working with ABN we can't be sponsored?? Can someone confirm this?

Also if the above is true and he isn't eligible, what do you suggest we do? Any other visa options we can go for? I.e state sponsorship, possibly another employer sponsoring us and still working for him? etc.

More info: As of Xmas we will have 20months on our visa. the main goal is to gain pr. Scott is a fully qualified joiner in uk, and with these qualifications he will gain on course he will be able to weld,drive trucks, and have access to mining grounds.

Please please help!!!!!!

Thank you

Has your employer ever sponsored anyone?

May I suggest that you do not rely on migration advice from people who are not qualified to give it?

No he has never done it before, has only had Australian residents work for him in the past.

Yeas sure thank you, we are hoping to speak to a migration company tomorrow as all shut today but was hoping someone could suggest an alternate visa that might give us a chance.

Thank you

Archived