Diagnosed with TB...what now???

akanawu

We applied for subclass 189 and got a CO on 12/11/12 who requested for Medical Examinations and further documents. We had our Medicals on 22/11/12 but an abnormality was discovered on the X-ray film of added dependent relative. The panel doctor referred him to another clinic where it was confirmed to be TB and placed him on medication immediately.

As a health professional I know that TB treatment take a long time (6-9months). My confusion is what will be the impact of this discovery on our visa application??

Is there still any hope for us??:cry: Any comment/suggestion will be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

You need to get advice from a registered migration agent. Is this a child that is dependent relative/or parent? It is a one fail all fail rule - but as it is a non-migrating dependent - it really depends what dependent it is.

It is a brother and migrating with me, he is in college now and am responsible for him. I have read the guidelines for panel doctors which can be found on this weblink:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf

It seemed to suggest, that the visa can only be granted after the person has successfully been treated. More Knowledgeable people should come to my aid please. thanks again

It is a brother and migrating with me, he is in college now and am responsible for him. I have read the guidelines for panel doctors which can be found on this weblink:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf

It seemed to suggest, that the visa can only be granted after the person has successfully been treated. More Knowledgeable people should come to my aid please. thanks again

I think that is correct. And if it does take that long is he likely to still be in college and dependant on you after that time?

I think that is correct. And if it does take that long is he likely to still be in college and dependant on you after that time?

Yes, he will be concluding his Diploma in IT in Dec 2013. However, I hope to sponsor him upto bachelor's degree level. So he will still be dependent on me and I did state this fact in my letter to DIAC.

@ALL, thanks for your prompt response.

Please, more input needed from experience members of the forum

Nobody knows what the outcome on you application will be, although as I am sure you know this is very serious. Visas won't be granted until your brother has been treated and re-tested at least.

Archived