nurse on 457 visa- will my partner find it hard to get job with me as visa holder?

Toodolou

hoping to move to nsw next year , my question is have peoples partners found it hard to find general job once over in oz ?

im a nurse and will have job sponsor , but my husbands a postman and although he would be willing to try anything - im just wondering if people have found it difficult to find jobs on their partners 457 visa?

or would i be better of waiting and applying straight off or PR?

Well Toodolou that seems to depends on a lot of variables. Such as what is around at the time, what he is skilled at doing, what is is able to do, and what he is prepared to do. And also of course where you are living at the time. Bottom line is, if he is serious about getting work, he needs to have all his options out there and be prepared to do anything. Hope something comes along for him....

Guest guest76088

A 457 is temporary long-stay visa and your partner's visa with be tied to yours. Not only does a potential employer of your partner have to consider whether his employee will leave, he also has to worry about the relationship between the primary visa holder and their employer. He has no visibility of that relationship. Although the 457 offers a pathway to Permanent Residency, this is not guaranteed and a potential employer has to consider losing you after the four years even if you both stick it out without a Pom-ping-pong. All this is risk you should attempt to mitigate by demonstrating commitment to the move, stability of your partners job. Once you have tackled the temporary resident concerns, securing a job will depend on whether your skills and quals are recognised (assuming you did not have them assessed), you have references and your skills are in demand. Ensure that you have the correct certification licences etc and some kind of third party validation of your abilities. Find out what is meant by "Local Experiece". Is it racism, or is it obscure local standards or unusual ways of working...

BigD

Archived