Recruitment companies...

Guest GeorgeD

When I was in the UK I emailed 5 companies asking to arrange a meeting with them when I landed in Oz on a Spouse visa (so didn't need sponsorship.) Only 1 replied. And I met him. And he got me a job.

It isn't unusual, and the vast majority are liek that so don't think it's a reflection on you! You just need to keep the momentum up.

Hi getting a 457 sponsored role is very hard work, so you have to be determined and develop a thick skin, Contacting recruiters should be part of your approach, but you should also identify companies that could use your skills and apply to them as well.Additionally, see what transferable skills you have, and think about what other industries you could apply to ? As networking is important, i use Linkedin and it can be good to promote yourself and get in contact with people who can help you. Recruiters are busy, and some are just plain unprofessional. So don`t take it personally, get a plan of attack and go forward.

Best wishes

Best to approach companies yourself since the recruitment company is bombarded with applicants and with you needing 457, that adds a lot of extra work for them over hiring someone who doesn't need 457. I went through the same thing and found a job myself and the company sponsored me for 457. Good luck!

Archived