'Living The Dream?' Swim & lunch @ Watsons Bay, drinks Rose Bay, evening walk Bondi Beach.

MARYROSE02

It's funny but I've always hated that phrase - 'living the dream' - but today it came true! After a marathon breakfast/coffee in Surry Hills which lasted from 930 to 1230, Alex and I drove down to Watsons Bay. I had my first swim for two months whilst she had a paddle, then we walked along to Doyles on the ferry wharf in the spring sunshine. We had grilled fish - barramundi for me, salmon for her, with a glass of wine, looking out over the beach and harbour. Masses of people eating at both Doyles, particularly the 'posher' one overlooking the beach, and in the pub. Also lots of tourists and locals and wedding parties.

Then we drove back to Rose Bay for a drink at the hotel to catch the pub's model train network which runs around the ceiling on the hour. We finished off with a drive to Bondi via Dover Heights and North Bondi, and in the early evening I can understand what draws so many people, again tourists and Sydneysiders.

Now, if we can only beat the Gooners, I really will be 'living the dream!'