Another Essex Meet

Guest KP Nuts

Guest Tony.London Suburbs

Best of luck to all of you but I have to say I find this incredibly disconcerting.I live in the Kent/South London Suburbs and work in Romford...Whilst I can understand families living in Inner London being perturbed(to say the least) at the way our Country is going Essex itself is surely a million(metaphorically not literally..lol) light years away from that and still quintessentially English and yet a positive plethora of potential Poms..:).Can I ask(without prying) why each of you(in just 1/2 sentences if you wish)..want to move?...Is it the attraction at the other end of the World or your perceived vision of the way our Country is heading or a combination thereof?...Thanks in advance Guys.

p.s.Its just soooo frustrating to lose so many good,honest decent Families,which is why I'm interested.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Biscuit

Hi,

Would it be okay for 2 more to come along on March 9th? My name is Sam and I'm from Essex, OH, Andy (who is orginally from Liverpool..strange combination I know!) and I currently live in Wickford. We have just got back from a 3 week visa validation trip and plan to move out to Perth in August. Woud be so nice to meet some more people who are taking the plunge!

Sam x

Guest cazbeckham

Its a shame the Essex meet is for March 9th as I will be in SUNNY Scotland - never mind next time eh?? mind you if the Chat room is anything to go by with me - if we did arrange to meet everyone would clear off hahahahaha

See ya

Caz

Best of luck to all of you but I have to say I find this incredibly disconcerting.I live in the Kent/South London Suburbs and work in Romford...Whilst I can understand families living in Inner London being perturbed(to say the least) at the way our Country is going Essex itself is surely a million(metaphorically not literally..lol) light years away from that and still quintessentially English and yet a positive plethora of potential Poms..:).Can I ask(without prying) why each of you(in just 1/2 sentences if you wish)..want to move?...Is it the attraction at the other end of the World or your perceived vision of the way our Country is heading or a combination thereof?...Thanks in advance Guys.

p.s.Its just soooo frustrating to lose so many good,honest decent Families,which is why I'm interested.

Hi Tony LS, We have a lovely house in a lovely area and that is my regret leaving such a wonderful place to live. But for us it is simply time for us to move on, we have lived in Essex all our lives and have a 16 and 14 year old and they want to live in Australia too. When we visited Aus to me it was like England was when I was a child, just behind the times but nicely so!! Time for an adventure!

Good luck with where you decide to be

Guest bruce&jackie

HI ALL

Hope you don't mind us joining you for the afternoon, being able to talk about oz without feeling like your boring everyone will be great.

There will be the three of us myself , Bruce my husband and son Matt who is 13.

Matt isn't happy about moving to Perth so am hoping this meet might help.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Jackie x

Guest Tony.London Suburbs

Hi Tony LS Time for an adventure!

Good luck with where you decide to be......

..What an excellent reply!I found this line "it was like England was when I was a child" particularly touching and poignant.I'm 53 and my four West Highland Terriers probably won't take too kindly to a move!..lol...I'm far too ingrained in "Britishness" to go longer than a decent holiday!(Indeed I remember after 6 wonderful weeks in The USA/Canada in 1979 being tearful with joy at returning to "my" England and as I was only 25 then so there is no hope for me..lol

My best M8 on this very day is filling in his Canadian forms(he's Mid-40's) and he personifies everything that is/was great about our Country.Thankfully he plans to live 50/50 in both places.

I wish all your Family the best of luck in your great adventure:)

Guest michelledenham

I can't believe how great this forum is.

We have been chatting about 'PERTH' for many, many months. And 'yes' I think it is starting to bore people.

Really looking forward to the meeting. I'll be the one looking pale,tired and mega stressed out!!!!!!

Guest Sarajayne

Hi there Jackie,

We are hoping to go to the meet, we also have a 13 year old son who changes his mind like the weather, one minute he is all up for Perth and the next minute we are the worst parents in the world for making him go.....at present he is all for it, just hope he stays that way till we all meet and then he can find your son and have a good old chat, if he is anti Perth, I will keep him away !!!!

Look forward to seeing you

Sara, Gary, Sam 13 and Joe 10

Guest The Baggo's

Hi Essex peeps - hope all my old mates are ok! Can't tell you how many Essex families we have met since we have been here!!! Talking to people and chatting about Basildon town centre???? Not missing it one bit!! (Basildon that is!) have a great day Nat xxx

Guest michelledenham
Hi Essex peeps - hope all my old mates are ok! Can't tell you how many Essex families we have met since we have been here!!! Talking to people and chatting about Basildon town centre???? Not missing it one bit!! (Basildon that is!) have a great day Nat xxx

Hi, where abouts are you?

Is it really as good as we all think?

Emmm' date=' Basildon Shopping v's The Gold Coast and Prada etc...!!!!!!!! lol[/color']

See you soon at the Surfers Club !!!:yes:

Guest angel659

If its ok with you. We might be able to come. It all depends on if we are in Stevenage or not that weekend. When do you need to know by?

If so it will be me (Michelle) Husband (Bruce) and three children aged 4,4 and 8.

It will be great to hear about other peoples opinions and stories. Hopefully make some new friends for when we finally arrive.

I cant wait until my husband finishes his CIMA so we can go. 2 years and counting!

Guest Curlysoo

Hi Biscuit! .. it will be lovely to see another scouser at the Meet! :yes:

I am a scouser living down here in darkest Chelmsford and I'm married to an Ozzie, so just goes to show us scousers arent too choosy! LOL!:twitcy:

Where in Liverpool is he from?

Guest KP Nuts
If its ok with you. We might be able to come. It all depends on if we are in Stevenage or not that weekend. When do you need to know by?

If so it will be me (Michelle) Husband (Bruce) and three children aged 4,4 and 8.

It will be great to hear about other peoples opinions and stories. Hopefully make some new friends for when we finally arrive.

I cant wait until my husband finishes his CIMA so we can go. 2 years and counting!

Hi Michelle, we don't need to know by, just if you can make it that's good, if not maybe next time......... but hopefully we will see you there.

KP Nuts

Guest Biscuit
Hi Biscuit! .. it will be lovely to see another scouser at the Meet! :yes:

I am a scouser living down here in darkest Chelmsford and I'm married to an Ozzie, so just goes to show us scousers arent too choosy! LOL!:twitcy:

Where in Liverpool is he from?

Hi Curlysoo!! I am sure Oh (Andy) will be made up to meet another scouser down here! He is originally from Aintree and his blodd runs blue! :goofy: (for those not familiar, this means he is an Evertonian!!)

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on the 9th!

Guest Andrea Bridge

Would have absolutely loved to have joined you all on 9th, but it's my son's 21st birthday.... Don't think I wanna miss that one!

Have a fun meet-up. Look forward to seeing some of you in Oz!

Take care,

Andrea x x x

Hi Curlysoo!! I am sure Oh (Andy) will be made up to meet another scouser down here! He is originally from Aintree and his blodd runs blue! :goofy: (for those not familiar, this means he is an Evertonian!!)

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on the 9th!

I am from Cambridge and would like to bring another scouser (Wilf) but his blood is red so should be fun and 2 children age 17yrs and 13 yrs both a little apprehensive regarding impending move to Brisbane

Guest Biscuit
I am from Cambridge and would like to bring another scouser (Wilf) but his blood is red so should be fun and 2 children age 17yrs and 13 yrs both a little apprehensive regarding impending move to Brisbane

Hi Sue...look forward to meeting you, not sure my OH will say the same about meeting a Red!!!!:nah:(Ony joking...i am sure he will just be happy meeting a fellow scouser, not too may of them down this next of the woods!) I can image your children's concerns, i am sure it will do them the world of good hearing about all the great things in Oz. See you in a couple of weeks.

Sam x

Hi Guy's,

Looking forward to the 9th.

Just wanted to say to nurse sue...."tell me about it" my children have been chopping and changing their minds like the wind! Also speak to Sharon from Shaz&Paul, her eldest was adement he was staying, but seems to have changed his mind. My three teens will be there at the meet, so they can all have a chat. Kdal have two boy's aswell so there will be quite a few people around their age.

See you all then

April

Guest lisaandnigel

hi all, we would love to come also if thats ok gatecrashing. will be bringing two boys age 8 and 4 .

see ya all then look forward to it.

lisa

Hi Everyone,

We're really looking forward to the ninth, We've missed the last couple of meets and looking forward to talking to people who are as excited about Oz as us.

People haven't started crossing the road when they see us yet, but you know what i mean!

:biglaugh: We've had over a year of people asking about it (you know the same old questions) that we hardly talk about it to others now. Don't get me wrong, most people are interested and only mean well, although it winds me up with the doubters who can't keep their opinions to themselves, all i meant was there are issues that you find when you start the process and even more once your thro' that and planning your leave which only others going thro' it understand. Thats why PIO and these meets are so great.

I've also got to prove to KPnuts we exist after failing to turn up previously :biglaugh:

See you all there,

Keith and Nicki(soexcited!)

Roll on September, Happy Days!:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Biscuit
Hi Everyone,

We're really looking forward to the ninth, We've missed the last couple of meets and looking forward to talking to people who are as excited about Oz as us.

People haven't started crossing the road when they see us yet, but you know what i mean!

:biglaugh: We've had over a year of people asking about it (you know the same old questions) that we hardly talk about it to others now. Don't get me wrong, most people are interested and only mean well, although it winds me up with the doubters who can't keep their opinions to themselves, all i meant was there are issues that you find when you start the process and even more once your thro' that and planning your leave which only others going thro' it understand. Thats why PIO and these meets are so great.

I've also got to prove to KPnuts we exist after failing to turn up previously :biglaugh:

See you all there,

Keith and Nicki(soexcited!)

Roll on September, Happy Days!:jiggy:

Hi Keith & Nicki,

Noticed that you are in Wickford, OH and are both living in Wickford...looking foward to moving away to Oz later this year!! Wee'll be there on the 9th, look forward to meeting you!

Sam :yes:

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi Lisa and Nigel

We went to the last Essex meet and it was great to meet up with other like minded people and chat about Oz. Our visit was a bit brief though as our kids 4 and 2 were starting to run riot a bit in the pub. It'll be great that there will be others around of a similar age.

Sunsh1ne

Archived