New to this!

Mirmai

Hi all,

never done this before, but seeing as the majority of you have done what I want to do, what better place is there to start?

I would just like to know how many of you completed or are in the process of applying for a visa yourselves, rather than using an agent? How complicated is it to organise all that is involved such as the skills assessment and IELTS etc.

i'm hoping eventually to be granted a 189 visa and take my husband and 3 kids over to Sydney ( as I have family there). I'm a registered nurse and have read the ANMAC guidence on skills assessment, any others done this themselves?

What time frame did it take to gather, prepare and organise all the documentation?

Thanks guys, all help very much appreciated x

Welcome to PIO

Many people have done the process without an agent, but it is always worth running your case past one before you start - they might be able to point out anything that might make your application difficult. But if you have a straightforward case it can be done yourself.

As a Nurse you will need to do the Academic IELTS, for ANMAC. There are lots on Nurses on PIO that will be able to give you advice on ANMAC and APHRA.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

My wife is a nurse and we used a great migration agent at Go Matilda, who have a really good name here on PIO. My wife said she was glad we used an agent and that she wouldn't have wanted to do it on her own. Some do and manage ok, some really struggle and come on here desperate for help, it's your decision. Can you afford an agent? Are you in a rush, if not just slowly do it yourself, but if you want to get their quicker you might want to go with a migration agent. Best of luck.

Thanks guys, i have contacted health staff recruitment for advice regarding job oppertunities, and have also contaced a few agents for assessment and quotes, will probably end up using an agent as im a bit aprehensive at getting anything rong!

Archived