further education / college

Guest IanandClaire

Guest IanandClaire

May sound daft but do they have colleges or is it further education schools or what? :unsure:

My husband has recently started as a college lecturer and teaches car body repair (paint spraying cars, mainly - thats his trade) ideally he'd like to go into lecturing while in OZ, but not sure where or if they do this type of further education - sounds daft im sure they do but cant locate any information on the internet can anyone help? Where they would do this or even if they do? We are stuck on where to go so it would be a great help if anyone can advise where the colleges/further education schools are located.

He is applying for trade skills as not fully qualified yet as lecturer but will get all qualifications here before we decide to fly out..

Thanks

The equivalent here would be TAFE (Technical and Further Education). Pretty much all large towns will have a TAFE - we have 3 campuses here in Canberra for example. Just do a search for the area you want to live in and see if there is a TAFE there.

The immigration requirements for TAFE teachers would seem to be set out here

Guest IanandClaire

Thanks very much for that I think we will go for the immigration for a skill trade and see what happens when we get there as he has only been a lecturer for a year and in the trade for 12 so probably better to apply for the trade - I presume?

Archived