Citizenship time frame??

margret1

Guest International Visas

Hi there. The service standard is 60 days from lodgement so I guess there's a bit of time left. Most of our customers are reporting that it's towards the top-end of the range too! Let us know when you get your acknowledgement!

I heard from someone that you can ask the council for the private ceremony, so it will be quicker than waiting for official date. I'm not sure it is correct info or not.

Depends on your Council. I have heard that they will do it if multiple members of the same family are involved, but not just for one family.

Well, I'm going to be eligible to apply for citizenship in mid Feb 2013 (As residence calculator indicates). What happens if I were absent from Australia more than 90 days (for example: 150 days) in 12 months immediately prior lodgement of citizenship application ? Do I have wait extra 60 days to be eligible to apply ? Thanks.

Guest GeorgeD
Well, I'm going to be eligible to apply for citizenship in mid Feb 2013 (As residence calculator indicates). What happens if I were absent from Australia more than 90 days (for example: 150 days) in 12 months immediately prior lodgement of citizenship application ? Do I have wait extra 60 days to be eligible to apply ? Thanks.[/Quote]

Close...but maybe not quite accurate...it depends when during those 12 months you were absent from Oz. On the day you apply, if you have been out of Oz for more than 90 days in the previous 12 months then you aren't eligible. So you might need to wait more than 60 days. For example...if you are in Oz from Jan to June, roughly 180 days, then out July to November, roughly 150 days then back for December then you can't fulfil the final 12 month requirement until the end of the next July as that is the point where you have been absent for only 90 days of the previous 12 months