woohooo!! 190 visa finally lodged today!!

bennyblueboy

Fantistic news today poms! after months of paperwork,test and exams our agent has finally lodged our visa, and now we can breathe a massive sigh of relief!!we can really start to see the light at the end of the tunnel now,police checks are done, and medicals are being booked tomorrow.Then we can relax knowing just a little bit more waiting to do and we will be there! This process has been a rollercoaster of emotions and probably not one i would repeat!! but i am certain it will be worth it when we are living the dream in perth in a few months time!!:cool::tongue:

Congrats! When are you hoping to be there by?

cheers longtime,was hoping to have our visas by crimbo,so been looking at flights for the end of jan! i wanna book the flights now but i might be tempting fate! our agent says that we should have a case officer within about 4 weeks, so fingers crossed! what stage are you at?

Guest Longtime Lurker
cheers longtime,was hoping to have our visas by crimbo,so been looking at flights for the end of jan! i wanna book the flights now but i might be tempting fate! our agent says that we should have a case officer within about 4 weeks, so fingers crossed! what stage are you at?

I am on PIO as my daughter was applying for a 175, which she received a few months back. She is considering a move in a year or so but it really depends on work opportunities at that point. If she makes the move we will be considering a parent visa, but who knows! I have family already over there and have visited a few times and loved the time I spent in Aus. I must admit I like both the UK and Australia - each have their good (and bad) points! If I still had a long working life ahead of me I perhaps would be more inclined to consider a move.

Fantistic news today poms! after months of paperwork,test and exams our agent has finally lodged our visa, and now we can breathe a massive sigh of relief!!we can really start to see the light at the end of the tunnel now,police checks are done, and medicals are being booked tomorrow.Then we can relax knowing just a little bit more waiting to do and we will be there! This process has been a rollercoaster of emotions and probably not one i would repeat!! but i am certain it will be worth it when we are living the dream in perth in a few months time!!:cool::tongue:

Well done buddy, Ours took 4 days from lodging to get a CO meds were done a week later , Police checks came back last uploaded to CO and Visa granted 6 HOURS later !!!!!! so total time was only about 2 weeks.... Good luck

Well done buddy, Ours took 4 days from lodging to get a CO meds were done a week later , Police checks came back last uploaded to CO and Visa granted 6 HOURS later !!!!!! so total time was only about 2 weeks.... Good luck

Wow!! That's brilliant Kimsdu! I can't believe how quick that was. I hope ours is as quick! When and where are you planning to go?

Wow!! That's brilliant Kimsdu! I can't believe how quick that was. I hope ours is as quick! When and where are you planning to go?

We are off to WA land on Dec 1st staying in Bunbury for a few days then off to Margaret River for the summer, grab some summer jobs whilst we are waiting for the OHs tools to arrive and decide where we will stay.. More work for chippies in Bunbury and the friend we are staying with his Dad is the project manager for the Gorgon project for the mines so OH may do that for a few yrs FIFO 2 on 1 off... Lots of work for chippies so all will be good ... If you can do shuttering too then they are crying out in WA and they are getting an average of $60 ph.. Luckily we have a good set of contacts in mining and Carpentry so hopefully we will be set! We hope.........

Archived