Medical Query- eHealth or Courier?

thegeek

I had my medicals today at Medibank at Surry Hills near Central Station at 8:30 AM for my 189 eVisa I had applied a few days back. I just brought along the form 160EH and the form 26EH that was generated by online in the visa application which already had my TRN and a few more details printed. Now, at the centre they asked me:

1) Where would you like to send the details?? -- Isn't these centres ehealth enabled and the details are send online by them?Also since I had brought E forms i.e. 26EH and 160EH along, doesn't that mean they'll be updated online? -- I gave my home address just to be sure.

2)Which office did you apply at?:(Required in both the forms) I wrote Online (Internet) to which they asked me to give a specific office i.e. Brisbane or Adelaide -- Since the email I received upon lodging the visa was from Adelaide office, I wrote the same-- What is the correct way to find this out, since I have not been allocated a CO yet?

The doctor told me that it would take 10 working days for the results to be delivered at my address and he wasn't sure how it would be shared with DIAC or whether I need to physically send these or they'll do this online. I am really confused. Someone please advice.

"However, if you are in Australia, MHS may give you the results in a sealed, double yellow envelope to give to the department."

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/arranging-health-exam.htm

It is a requirement of panel membership that your clinic send the medical results directly to an appropriate departmental processing office. All medicals must be sent to one of the following:

• The Department of Immigration and Citizenship office at an Australian Embassy, Consulate-General, High Commission or Australian Commerce and Industry Office in your country or as specified.
    or
  • Global Health
    Address:
    Level 3, 26 Lee Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia.

If they do give you the medicals in the sealed envelopes, you would need to take them to the department office on Lee Street which is not far from Central Station.

Archived