Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801) confusion

LouiseS

Just preparing my partner visa, ready for submission after my wedding in 2 n a bit weeks time .... now it says i have to provide a police check from the UK (the one i had for the prospective marriage visa has expired) ..... query i have is can i apply for a new one now or should i wait until we are married as i shall be taking my partner's last name. If i apply now, will they accept my police check in my maiden name? As my current subclass 300 visa expires in February, I am wanting to front load everything as I am limited on time so need to apply for this asap

Another quick q is the medical, my UK one is still current until January so will i need another one done in Australia or will this one be accepted?

It doesn't matter what name your police check is in, they will check in every name you have ever had anyway. Police checks and medicals are valid for a year, if your case is not finalised before the year is up, then you would need to do again.

It doesn't matter what name your police check is in, they will check in every name you have ever had anyway. Police checks and medicals are valid for a year, if your case is not finalised before the year is up, then you would need to do again.

Ah thank you so much for that :) as for the medical..... well i guess i shall just to bite the bullet and have that done again lol

Archived