Guest scouseJenn

Guest scouseJenn

Hi Im Jenn,

Just joined the site today.

so im looking at applying for a work holiday visa for late next year or early 2014. Im just wondering is there a best time to go to Australia? Or is all year round always about the same?

I would possibly be looking for a travel buddy/partner as no one I know wants to do this and it is a bit nerve racking, so if anyone is interested please do let me know.

If anyone has any information or tips at all in regards to everything, how much i need to take with me? how much i will be looking at paying in accommodation, food etc etc I would be very greatful.

Thank you

Jen

xox

Welcome to PIO

There is a backpacking section in the forum some of your questions may be answered there.

I went on a WHV a few years ago now, I also went alone, but I went out on a group flight with BUNAC, it was great we had a spot over in Thailand and stayed in a Hostel together in Sydney, there were 14 of us altogether. 6 of us got a house to rent for a few months while working in Sydney. 3 of us then went traveling up easy coast together.

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workaustralia/

http://www.travellers.com.au/

Guest scouseJenn

aww thanks, ill check out the links now, this is all pretty new to me, and i'v only ever traveled abroad once.

I also have great aunts/uncles, cousins and uncles and aunts in NZ so will be planning on going there too.

i would ideally like to settle in Oz eventually.

Jenn xox