Any one else moving to MT Isa in the New Year ?

paul566

Guest katie007

Coates Hire have many Candidates going to many towns all over Regional Queensland.

Mt Isa, well, hope you have a good package with Coates, it is not what one would call cheap if you are married, well then you will find it hard for housing, food prices are much higher due to ALL supplies be trucked in.

Isa people are nice tho, best of luck to you.

We live in rural Queensland,there's not much to do,no social life,very hot,and expensive.But we are only a hours drive from Toowoomba and Ipswich.But Mt Isa,Wow what a place to go,hope you are on your own it's not a place to be takeing the wife and kids ,it will be a sort of adventure on your own,.Most of the locals have been forced out of town,it's so exspensive,$1000-$3000 aweek rent.According to TV news here only a couple of weeks back.The job you have accepted at coates hire,hope it pays realy well?Good Luck.

Guest The Pom Queen

I love Mt Isa, was there a few weeks back when we broke down. They have everything you need and it's a lovely area. You have the airport there so only an hour away from Cairns, etc. Yes it's rural and if you like city life it isn't for you, but if you like the village/town lifestyle you will be fine. I found takeaway food extortionate, but, we bought some things for the 4 x 4 and had the repairs done and it was the same price as in Cairns and eBay etc. They have a huge Kmart, t shirts $5 men's, women and children's. They have the hospital and plenty of Drs.

Guest chris955
Thanks for all the Negativity

You really shouldnt look at comments like these as negativity, it is realism. Mt Isa is certainly not a place I would ever live but some others like it. People are giving you their opinions, I have a good friend who had to go there 4 times a tear for work and hated every second of it but M2M likes it.

Guest katie007
Thanks for all the Negativity

We call a Spade a Spade.

What do you say if we say....Goodonya Mate Rip-Snorter, the Isa is good, cool place we all love it.....

You would say....

YOU ALL TALK CRAP !

Well Mt Isa is home to quite alot of folk, so obviously not everyone shares the above opinions, the population is growing too so cant be that bad. I think the thing to remember about places like this is yes, its more expensive to rent,buy food etc etc but wages are normally more that in other areas so its swings and roundabouts really.

''The preliminary estimated resident population of Mount Isa

City Council at 30 June 2011 was 22,091 persons, an

increase of 138 persons or 0.6 per cent over the year. This

compares with an increase of 116 persons or 0.5 per cent in

the year to June 2010

Cal x

• 3 months later...

Archived