Wife pregenent while waiting for 309 visa

hsingh

Hi guys,

Just want to seek your help if someone can help me in my situation.

My wife is pregent for four months and we lodged our 309 visa in first week of sept .so i have to question

1) what should i do when co will ask for medicals.as she cant have xray

2) if child born in overseas what is the time frame to get the baby bonus and citizenship of my baby?

I would really appreciate any help in regards to my matter

Thanks

Guest katie007

Why do you think you qualify for the baby Bonus when this child will be born outside of OZ.

At times I ask myself what is my Country a land of (Handouts)

Guest GeorgeD
Hi guys,

My wife is pregent for four months and we lodged our 309 visa in first week of sept .so i have to question

2) if child born in overseas what is the time frame to get the baby bonus and citizenship of my baby?

Thanks

1) She won't be able to have the medical until aftert the baby is born. You may need to ask your CO to delay the decision on your visa until after she has given brith

2) Are you an Australian Citizen or PR? If you are a Citizen then you can apply for Citizenship by Descent when your child is born. The baby will need this and a passport to enter Oz if born abroad. If you are only a PR, then your child isn't eligible for Citizenship any time soon and will need to be added as a dependent on your wife's Spouse Visa Application, or apply for a visa of their own such as the Child Visa...adding to the Spouse Visa is probably easiest.

I have no idea about the child bonus, sorry.

Hi guys,

Thanks

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for advice about your best visa strategy?

You need to advise your co of the pregnancy, and explain that your wife will not have her medicals until after the baby is born. Obviously, this will mean that the visa cannot be granted until after the birth.

Are you a citizen or PR? If you are a citizen, the child is entitled to citizenship by descent if they are born overseas. If PR, your child is not an Australian citizen unless born in Australia and should be added to your wife's 309 application once "he" is born. He will then get PR at the same time as your wife.

to be granted the baby bonus, you have to be an Australian resident. If your wife and child have no visa, then they cannot be resident in Australia and I don't think they would be eligible, but I am not 100% sure, it might depend on how quickly you move to Oz after the birth. You'd have to have a look at the Centrelink website.

You will be entitled to baby bonus but you need to apply within 6 months after the babys birth.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/baby-bonus

Also if the baby is born overseas - as you are PR, the child is not entitled to citizenship, therefore the baby will need to be added on to your wifes visa applicaiton and will also need a medical. (you will also need Police checks). You should elt your CO know about the change of circumstances.

Only if the child is born in Australia to at least 1 parent who is PR or citizen - the child will be a citizen at birth.

As previously advised you should speak to a registered migration agent.

Archived