State Nomination Application

amitbd

Dear forum,

Today morning I got a mail from SA that my SS applications is refused for the following reason :(. After long 12 weeks this is so frustrating.

A decision has been made on your state nomination application and it has been refused for the reason(s) detailed below:

Nomination application refused due to not meeting the minimum 60 point requirement in the Expression of Interest (EOI) for a state nominated visa. Applicants with less than 60 points cannot be nominated by Immigration SA for a 190 or 489 visa subclass.

I applied on 190 subclass but my age crossed 32 on September . So I need to apply again with 489 :(. I asked for their support by mail before on this issue but they simply ignored my request to change visa subclass.

Again, on that email i was told to do the following

Should the applicant still seek State nomination then a completely new application is required, addressing the reason for refusal. There is no re-visit on this application

Now my question is where to address the reason ? Is there any box to fillup ? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Amit

at the time i lodged my SA SS I had updated my EOI and attached my positive result ACS letter and when i submitted it, it calculated it to 60 points WITH SA SS and i only selected SA.

What did your EOI calculate to? it should have stated...

When I applied ( in July) my age was under 32 ; So I was able to apply with subclass 189 which gave me 60 points. But from september my points dropped to 55 because of age. But I can apply with 489 which give me 60points

anyway in the mail it is mentioned "Should the applicant still seek State nomination then a completely new application is required, addressing the reason for refusal. There is no re-visit on this application" . How to do that?

When I applied ( in July) my age was under 32 ; So I was able to apply with subclass 189 which gave me 60 points. But from september my points dropped to 55 because of age. But I can apply with 489 which give me 60points

anyway in the mail it is mentioned "Should the applicant still seek State nomination then a completely new application is required, addressing the reason for refusal. There is no re-visit on this application" . How to do that?

I thought age 32 you still get the full 30 points???

so you turned 33 in sept?

Hi bubbe2005,

Just curious to know, If one has 55 points plus 5 points SS , is he eligible for state sponsorship or not. Because I am bit confused with amithbd's messages.

cheers.

Yes, I applied with 55 points for SA SS. In my EOI where it asks you which state you are looking to get nominated, I only selected SA and it adds the 5 points to my already existing 55 points totally 60 points at the time of EOI submission.

At least he can still go ahead and apply for 489 and he can work anywhere in SA.

I was also confused but basically in July he applied for SA SS when he was 32, so he got the full age points of 30, But then he turned 33 in Sept during the SA SS application process and so therefore he didn't get the full age points awarded.

Dear forum,

Today morning I got a mail from SA that my SS applications is refused for the following reason :(. After long 12 weeks this is so frustrating.

A decision has been made on your state nomination application and it has been refused for the reason(s) detailed below:

Nomination application refused due to not meeting the minimum 60 point requirement in the Expression of Interest (EOI) for a state nominated visa. Applicants with less than 60 points cannot be nominated by Immigration SA for a 190 or 489 visa subclass.

I applied on 190 subclass but my age crossed 32 on September . So I need to apply again with 489 :(. I asked for their support by mail before on this issue but they simply ignored my request to change visa subclass.

Again, on that email i was told to do the following

Should the applicant still seek State nomination then a completely new application is required, addressing the reason for refusal. There is no re-visit on this application

Now my question is where to address the reason ? Is there any box to fillup ? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Amit

I am guessing start an application with SA FROM SCRATCH. Also amend your EOI and deselect 190 and instead select SA 489 and then lodge your application with SA again. Not sure on addressing the reason of refusal part....I am guessing again that when you apply for a NEW SA SS application there MAY be a question asking "Have you been refused by SA before"....or something along the lines of that.

Hi Bubbe2005 and Jay2012,

Thank you very much for the details.

One more question. I am collecting details on behalf of my brother. We wanted to put SS for Victoria. Their process time is 12 weeks currently. So am I right, we must submit EOI and simeltaniously we must apply for SS with Victoria.

thank you.

cheers.

Hi Bubbe2005 and Jay2012,

Thank you very much for the details.

One more question. I am collecting details on behalf of my brother. We wanted to put SS for Victoria. Their process time is 12 weeks currently. So am I right, we must submit EOI and simeltaniously we must apply for SS with Victoria.

thank you.

cheers.

huh? you submit your VIC SS application and your brother will do the same, at the same time...it doesn't have to be. As long as EACH of you have your skills assessed to be able to lodge a VIC SS application, then you should be good to go!

huh? you submit your VIC SS application and your brother will do the same, at the same time...it doesn't have to be. As long as EACH of you have your skills assessed to be able to lodge a VIC SS application, then you should be good to go!

No bubbe2005, I think I confused you with my question. I am just helping my brother. My doubt is EOI and VIC SS should be submitted on the same time??. Am I right?

cheers.

No bubbe2005, I think I confused you with my question. I am just helping my brother. My doubt is EOI and VIC SS should be submitted on the same time??. Am I right?

cheers.

thanks for clarifying. no it doesn't have to be submitted at the same time. you can lodge your EOI first and then apply for VIC SS.

ompragash, this is what I read in Victoria's website

"Apply for state visa nominationbefore posting your Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect."

Pls go through their website

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/225920/State-Nomination-Occupation-List-for-Victoria-October-2012.pdf

you can find the procedure to apply in this website

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#HowToApply

hope this helps you

Can anyone please help me with the following (re apply for refused application)

Should the applicant still seek State nomination then a completely new application is required, addressing the reason for refusal. There is no re-visit on this application.

I can not find the addressing the reason for refusal :(. How to address and where? Today I called SA office many time but all the time the line was busy.

Can anyone please help me with the following (re apply for refused application)

Should the applicant still seek State nomination then a completely new application is required, addressing the reason for refusal. There is no re-visit on this application.

I can not find the addressing the reason for refusal :(. How to address and where? Today I called SA office many time but all the time the line was busy.

Have you started a new application yet for 489 with SA? and Have you changed in EOI from 190 to 489?

Archived