190 nomination, but concerned about points

Franconian

Hi all,

I have been nominated by Victoria for subclass 190 visa. I am just waiting for the Skillselect invitation.

The problem is that VETASSESS did not accept all my employment as closely related to the nominated occupation and therefore I might lose 5 points for work experience.

How strict is DIAC about employment? Are they generally relying on the points test advisory letter from the assessing bodies?

To be safe I could do the IELTS test again aiming for band 8. Would it be eligible to do another IELTS test even after the Skillselect invitation? Apparently the claimed points have to be at the time of invitation...

I currently have exactly 60 points if all my work experience gets accepted (2 years 2 months overseas and 10 months Australia / An additional 1 year overseas experience was not accepted by VETASSESS).

You should assume that DIAC is very strict about work experience but they do make their own decision, not rely upon letters from skills assessing bodies. Still that you had some experience not accepted would worry me a little. If you don't have the points you said you have, then as you know it is an automatic decline, I am not sure if you can make up the points in a different way i.e. substitute the work experience points for IELTS points. Hopefully someone will be along to clarify that. If they don't, well I would go and seek a professional consultation before stumping up the $ for a visa application.

Hi all,

I have been nominated by Victoria for subclass 190 visa. I am just waiting for the Skillselect invitation.

The problem is that VETASSESS did not accept all my employment as closely related to the nominated occupation and therefore I might lose 5 points for work experience.

How strict is DIAC about employment? Are they generally relying on the points test advisory letter from the assessing bodies?

To be safe I could do the IELTS test again aiming for band 8. Would it be eligible to do another IELTS test even after the Skillselect invitation? Apparently the claimed points have to be at the time of invitation...

I currently have exactly 60 points if all my work experience gets accepted (2 years 2 months overseas and 10 months Australia / An additional 1 year overseas experience was not accepted by VETASSESS).

If you are relying on points for work experience, I strongly advise that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about strategy before you commit to a course of action. If you want me to have a look at your case send an email to: visa@pinoyau.com