Is 'on-the-job-training' necessary for me and how to prove it?

josephcom

It's been mentioned in ANZSCO for my occupation ( ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIANS) that "In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification". The assessor of this occupation is TRA.

I have two questions:

1. in what instances it is necessary to prove 'on-the-job-training'?
  2. How long should be the duration of such an 'on-the-job-training'?
  3. How should I prove this period of 'on-the-job-training'? Is my contract in which the title "on-the-job-training" has been explicitly mentioned enough to prove my claim?

Thank you for your cooperation.

What's your job title, experience and qualifications???

(I'm an electrical engineer and was assessed by Engineers Australia)

I have two qualifications both in electrical engineering. An associate degree (2002) and a bachelor degree (2010). But engineers Australia told me that my associate degree is comparable to AQF IV and my BS is comparable to AQF associate degree. So they they recognised me as technologist rather than professional engineer. Also they told me my work experience is counted from 2010 while in I was employed in 2005 as an electrical technician. Now I've some problems. Since engineers Australia compare my associate degree with AQF III, it's possible for TRA to do such a thing again. In this case they may decide to substitute some of my work experiences for the formal qualification. My second concern is if they do such a thing, can I still receive points from DIAC for educational qualification?

I have two qualifications both in electrical engineering. An associate degree (2002) and a bachelor degree (2010). But engineers Australia told me that my associate degree is comparable to AQF IV and my BS is comparable to AQF associate degree. So they they recognised me as technologist rather than professional engineer. Also they told me my work experience is counted from 2010 while in I was employed in 2005 as an electrical technician. Now I've some problems. Since engineers Australia compare my associate degree with AQF III, it's possible for TRA to do such a thing again. In this case they may decide to substitute some of my work experiences for the formal qualification. My second concern is if they do such a thing, can I still receive points from DIAC for educational qualification?

From what you have posted it looks as if you are not proceeding in the best possible way. May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for advice about strategy?

From what you have posted it looks as if you are not proceeding in the best possible way. May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for advice about strategy?

I agree. With two degrees you shouldn't be coming out as a technologist or with only a couple of years work experience.

I used an agent and had my two year diploma recognised as equivalent to an australian bachelors degree. I don't have a degree.

Coastie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree. With two degrees you shouldn't be coming out as a technologist or with only a couple of years work experience.

I used an agent and had my two year diploma recognised as equivalent to an australian bachelors degree. I don't have a degree.

Coastie.

Wow, I'm leaving in Iran. Damn it, here's the end of the world.there's no agent here!!!

I am missing something here.......why does it matter what level you are assessed as???

The visa is the visa, this merely identifies that you are able to fill a skills gap - getting a job is a totally different, unrelated, story!

I agree but it depends what visa you are after. For example, if you need WA State Sponsorship then technologist isn't on the list whereas professional engineers are.

Coastie.

I agree but it depends what visa you are after. For example, if you need WA State Sponsorship then technologist isn't on the list whereas professional engineers are.

Good point!

It's only been a matter of months since we were granted our visa and I've already forgotten how complicated the whole process is!!!

I am missing something here.......why does it matter what level you are assessed as???

The visa is the visa, this merely identifies that you are able to fill a skills gap - getting a job is a totally different, unrelated, story!

Because I think my qualification (recignised by my assessor) has to be at a level which has been mentioned in ANZSCO for my nominated occupation. for example now that I've been recognized as Engineering Technologist, and according to ANZSCO "This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a Bachelor degree or higher qualification", I cannot get any point for 'Educational Qualification' with associate degree (even if my associate degree has been recognised by Engineers Australia.

Archived