hi another newbie

amandak

I have been watching this forum for a few months now. Started the process well getting all paperwork together June 07, then was informed that Pathway D had closed so stuck, like many others. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I am using an agent. there is OH, and my 2 children (15 & 9). I am a hairdresser and my OH is a floorlayer. never mind we will wait with everone else and hope soon something will happen.

Amandak

Guest aspinall

Mine has almost gone completely:goofy:

Its exciting stuff though hey!!!

So where are you hoping to move to? We are hoping to go to Brisbane...mainly for my other halfs work.

Love

Toni

Guest julie37blueblue

Hi

I am thinking of migrating with my family have done a full assessment. Do you know if its best to use a migration agent and if so have you got one to recommend. My hubby is an electrician an I am a nurse. Any advise from anyone!!!

Hi Toni

We are also lookingto go to Brisbane. have been to Oz 4 times and love it the last trip was looking at jobs and houses etc.

I have given myself 2 years so no hurry, but it cannot come quick enough. I have to pass my TRA first. heres hoping

Amanda

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi and Welcome to Poms. Good luck to all of you starting out on this blood pressure raising journey!:wacko:

Julie - We used an agent called Visa Bureau, they were brilliant and we really could not have got through without them!!

Lou

Guest Scarletfever

Hi and welcome to PIO...

You'll get loads of help and stress relieving via the members on here, so im sure you'll be ok...even tho' it feels like youre on your own sometimes, there always someone on here to give you a lift..

Have fun anyway!!

Guest julie37blueblue
Hi and Welcome to Poms. Good luck to all of you starting out on this blood pressure raising journey!:wacko:

Julie - We used an agent called Visa Bureau, they were brilliant and we really could not have got through without them!!

Lou

Hi Amanda

I have done a full assessment with their parent company called migration bureau. Each one I contact gives different info. I have been a qualified nurse since March 2006 but have been off since April 2207 to date with stress. It appears i amone day short of having 1 years experience . One agent says this is a major set back. Has anyone got similar experiences and was the outcome positive as I would lose any monies paid. Apparently the medical is the last thing to be sorted!!!

Guest julie37blueblue
Hi Amanda

I have done a full assessment with their parent company called migration bureau. Each one I contact gives different info. I have been a qualified nurse since March 2006 but have been off since April 2207 to date with stress. It appears i amone day short of having 1 years experience . One agent says this is a major set back. Has anyone got similar experiences and was the outcome positive as I would lose any monies paid. Apparently the medical is the last thing to be sorted!!!

Sorry

I meant lou not Amanda.Apologies!!!

Guest sanders family

:smile:Hi we are also newbies passed tra and got sponsored by victoria on my skills and the visa was sent 17 dec. My friend has just moved to brisbane and we spoke the other day and was telling me there was 149 hairdressing jobs adverted so i dont think you will have a prob getting a job they seem to be short of hairdresser all over oz

good luck

kim

Hi Kim

I have just posted my TRA off today so hopefully I will hear soon. When Pathway D closed I thought is was then end but after reading the posts on PIO, I havelook into it more and I have qualifications for hairdressing, so I have posted then with my application, so now I have to wait and pray. I have also been offered a job over in Brisbane so that will be another route. So my fingers and toes are crossed at the moment.

Amanda

Guest melanie marriott

Hi

We are using an agent

We were advised by my cousin who lives in OZ to do so,

as the system is quite a mine field and you can so easily fall into traps !

I am a nurse (Occ Health) and husband is a electrical mechanical engineer, we are currently searching for careers advice

When we went out to OZ last year for a reckkie! i found if you are not to bothered where you want to settle, than look at moving to regional Australia, plenty of work for nurses and electricians (can't get the staff out to the sticks!!)

Best wishes

Mel

see my thread for last Oct/November 07 (G' Day, Just got back from OZ) some good info there !!

Archived